Tuesday, October 4, 2011

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD - PART 224

Without redemption, Adam’s fallen disobedient race would be destined to a lost eternity. Certainly, the reality that mankind is imprisoned by their master Satan (who is the god of this world) is evident. In the beginning, Adam and Eve were bewitched and led away captive to a world unbeknownst to them. In so doing, they were not only serving a life sentence but their sentence was eternal. Their new destiny (unlike the original plan) was to go to a place previously prepared by God for the devil and his horde of terrorists. A place called Hell, located in an area called outer darkness. A place of torment where death does not exist. Rather, there is only continuous suffering with weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. Since fallen angels cannot die, they were to be subjected to eternal torment.

The scriptures say, "What is man that God is mindful of him or the son of man that God has visited him?" The response is simple. According to John 3:16, God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but shall have everlasting life!

God made a way for humankind to be forgiven when there was no way. A way whereby individuals could be brought back to God Himself! This plan of redemption or buying back was not with silver or gold. No, God's plan was way beyond our capability of understanding. In His plan, God would sacrifice Himself.

That is the measure of God’s love for each one of us individually and as a collective. But you ask - How would God accomplish this? Well, first and foremost, God is altogether righteous. God could have offered prestige to Satan or commuted his sentence or even offered Satan pardon. But no sir. God was not going to shake hands with the devil. Why? Because God hates darkness. Remember, God is light, and in God there is no darkness.

God's plan? He decided to become as one of us. Human and in so doing, He said "I will become their Saviour." I will sacrifice myself as a Son. I will take their sin of disobedience upon me. I will lay down my body to suffer pain and agony and shame and allow my body to be cursed forever. All this will I willingly do on their behalf. In short, I will become their redeemer.

Apart from this plan of God, there is no salvation. So, being now aware of our lost predicament, a decision on our part is demanded. We can either reach out to God, saying God be merciful to me a sinner OR conversely, judge ourself unworthy of God's redemption.

It is both yours and my decision. As for me, I just say, LORD, help me! This is surely too good to be true! Lord I can’t take my eyes off of you. Lord, do you really love me this much? Lord, no one has ever cared for me this much. Here I am Lord, take my hand and hold me through the storms of life. Through the night, lead me on into your light! Precious Lord take my hand and lead me on!

In the beginning, between man and God lay the dark night of sin. Now, God in Christ has taken that dark night of sin upon Himself. You can come home to where Adam fell and by so doing you can become a new creation. But without redemption -- the Tree of life -- all is lost. Now this eternal decision is in your hands...

No comments:

Post a Comment