Sunday, October 14, 2012

Jesus - His Life a Ransom for Us - Part 538

Jesus said unto the disciples, "This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many. Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God." As Jesus and His disciples headed into the mount of Olives, Jesus continued speaking to their hearts, "All ye shall be offended because of me this night, for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered. But after that I am risen, I will go before you into Galilee."

But Peter in Mark 14 is adamant that he will not be offended even though Jesus knew beforehand that Peter would deny Him in the hours ahead. At the same time as this conversation was taking place, Jesus knew that His false accusers lay in wait. This is why Jesus said, "I will destroy this temple that is made with hands and within three days I will build another made without hands."

Even when the chief priests, elders and scribes of the day were intent on killing Jesus to the point that they sought witnesses who would falsely testify against Him, Jesus knew that this cup -- His precious blood shed on the cross for our sin - was necessary. Still, even though the flesh was weak, the Spirit was truly ready. "Not what I will, but what thou wilt." (Mark 14:38)

The Lord God who created this world had become flesh so that He could shed His humanity for our sins. Shed His precious blood on the cross so that we -- you and I -- might have salvation. As Jesus had read earlier in the scriptures from the prophet Esaias, Jesus knew that even the tomb could not hold the King of kings and Lord of lords. Jesus was going to rise again -- in pure defiance of the devil of this world. Praise you Jesus! Give your life over to Jesus today! Discover why Jesus loves you so much. Stand in the offering plate.







No comments:

Post a Comment