Friday, October 5, 2012

Jesus' Abundance for You and I - Part 530

Abundance! Seemingly just a simple word in terms of the constructs of our world and yet so full of meaning. Indeed, the dictionary defines abundance as 1. a copious supply; a great amount or 2. fullness or benevolence from the abundance of my heart or 3. as a degree of plentifulness. The King James version of the Bible adds to the definition of abundance citing plentiful; in great quantity; fully sufficient; as an abundant supply - never ending, abounding; having in great quantity; overflowing with more than the eye can see or fathom to the list.

But more importantly than words attempting to define abundance is that believers in Jesus know first hand the abundance that is Jesus. You see, as a believer in Him, we could never doubt a God -- our Lord and Saviour -- whose hands hold the universe? Why should we? As the Word declares in Luke, "Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? Even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows."

Think about this. Our God who the scriptures state uses the earth as His footstool -- the entire globe as His footstool -- loves us -- you and I -- so much that He knows even the most minute detail about you and I. Including the number of hairs on our head. He knows where we are in our journey. He is aware of our every need.

Luke 12 continues. "Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven, how much more will He [the Lord of lords and King of Kings] clothe you?"

There is a song by Janet Paschall entitled, "I've Been Through Enough" that speaks to this very point. It is copied below for your edification and enjoyment. In the interim, seek the Kingdom of God. Let Jesus array you with His abundance which is goodness and truth. Focus your treasures on Jesus who loved us enough to shed His blood on Calvary so that we would have life -- abundantly! Stand in the offering plate!

I'VE BEEN THROUGH ENOUGH" BY JANET PASCHALL 

When I first began to walk with the Lord, 
I did not really trust Him, 
How He longed for me to understand that I could 
So thru the valley, He lead me, afraid as I could be, 
Until I felt His loving arms, embracing me. 

I've been through enough to know, He'll be enough for me 
He's come through too many times 
That puts my mind at ease, for good 
I'll stake my very life, He's gonna take care of me, 
Cause I've been through enough to know, He'll be enough for me. 

How could I ever doubt a God whose hands hold the universe, 
Why would I ever question His ability, 
There's no place that I can go, where He doesn't know, 
The things that trouble me 
He's always aware of where I am and what I need. 

I believe Him now, after all these years, 
He's been so faithful He's proven to be true, 
Nevermore will I doubt or question why 
Cause I've seen them all before and I know what God can do. 

I've been through enough to know, He'll be enough for me 
He's come through too many times 
That puts my mind at ease, for good 
I'll stake my very life He's gonna take care of me, 
Cause I've been through enough to know, He'll be enough for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment