Monday, October 1, 2012

Jesus - The One and Only God - Part 527

Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.  There is indeed only one  God in Heaven. His name is Jesus! He is the prophesied Messiah, foretold by the prophets in the Old Testament. The righteous one. The only "begotten" son.  While on earth, Jesus -- both human and divine -- was the Son of the living God. 

Matthew 16:16-17 confirms this when Jesus said to Simon Barjona - "Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona, for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee but my Father which is in Heaven." 

But there is no confusion in the Word. The scriptures similarly reveal that the Father was in Christ. "I and my Father are one." Or the scriptures found in John 14:10-12: "Believest thou me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. The words that I speak unto you "I speak not of  myself but the Father that dwelleth in me, He doeth the works." Verily, verily I say unto you, He that believes on Me, the works that I do shall He do also; and greater works than these shall He do; because I go unto my Father. [Therefore,] whatsoever you shall ask in my name, that will I do that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye ask anything in my name, I will do it."

"To wit, God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them [but] hath commuted us unto the Word of reconciliation." (I Corinthians 5:19) In John 14:20, "I am in my Father and ye in me and I in you."


"For there are three that bear record in Heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost and these three are one." (I John 5:7) There is no other God beside me. 

We know from reading John's writing that He that is begotten of God sinneth not, but "He that is begotten of God keepeth Himself and that wicked one toucheth Him not." The Son of God is come, and "hath given us an understanding that we may know Him that is true, and we are in Him that is true, even in His son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life." (I John 5:18-20)


Still, I Timothy 3:16 puts it all into perspective. "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness. "God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory." 

"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God." Later in John 1:14, this is further clarified when John wrote, "and the Word became flesh." There is only one God, and He became as one of us so that we might be restored to Him. I am the Lord thy God. This same Lord thy God became our Saviour - Jesus.

For God so loved the world. More importantly, for God so loved you and I that Jesus would never leave us comfortless. Jesus said, "I will come to you." Ask Jesus into your life today. Stand in the offering plate!








No comments:

Post a Comment