Saturday, October 27, 2012

Thou Hast Turned My Sadness into Dancing - Part 549

Embrace yourself in the loving arms of Jesus. When life takes its twists and turns -- both positive and negative -- and the law of sin and death both independently and collectively take on a new determination to destroy our souls, we are reminded that we need to continually praise Jesus. Why? Because our strength is in Jesus. He is the reason that we have been set free from sin. And as the scriptures so aptly state, if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. (John 8:36,  Romans 6:18)

Romans 8:2 expands on this theme. This verse tells us that the Law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made us free once and for all from the sin and death that wants to bind us in chains. Instead of living life in darkness, Jesus released us from captivity through the blood He shed on the cross for our sins. Free from the shackles of a worldly system determined to destroy us. Saved from the grievous wolves who enter in to the fold with one agenda -- that is not sparing any within the flock.

This is the spirit that the devil wants us to adopt. Any other perspective than the one that proclaims that Jesus -- the King of kings and Lord of lords loves us intimately. That before we were formed in our mother's womb, He knew our inner thoughts. What kind of God is this that holds the universe in the palm of His hands but knows our deepest thoughts -- our hurts -- our desires -- and yet was still willing to become flesh and shed His blood so that we might know our Creator who became our Saviour personally.

Throughout our lives, Jesus gives us an opportunity to walk hand in hand with Him. He who is our Lord God and Saviour -- Jesus -- who wants us to take hold of His goodness. What a contrast? While the devil seeks to destroy the life that is within us -- each and every second of the day -- Jesus gives us pleasure and joy. Jesus cleanses us and makes us whole.

So why then do we mourn to the point whereby Paul says, "But I see another Law in my members, warring against the Law of my mind, and bringing captivity to the Law of sin which is in my members. Into captivity. O wretched man that I am, who will deliver me from the body of this death?"

David understood this darkness when he wrote of God's blessings in Psalms 30. "Hear O Lord and have mercy upon me; Lord be thou my helper. Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing. Thou hast put off my sackcloth and girded me with gladness. To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever."

Can you imagine a God so loving that when we desire His counsel, His Word, His love that He turns our mourning into dancing? This is why believers continually thank Jesus Christ our Lord for His incredible goodness. With our mind, heart and soul, we serve the God who loved us enough that He would willingly and freely shed His blood on the cross for you and I. Praise you Jesus!

The following chorus captures the essence of this message. Sing the words as a prayer. Rejoice in the blessings of Jesus and the-- offering yourself --in stand in the offering plate!

Lord, I give you my heart, I give you my soul, I live for you alone
Every breath that I take, Every moment I am awake
Lord have your way with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment