Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Jesus - The Sweetest Name I Know - Part 534


Who am I Lord that you - the Lord of lords and King of kings - would even know my name? The Lord who holds the earth completely in His hands. The same Lord who calms the oceans. And heals the sick. In comparison to your greatness Lord, who are we that we would even be a consideration? Or anything more than a passing thought in the broader scheme of humanity? But you Lord? You are our Lord God who loved us so much that you became our Saviour. The Creator of the universe who had decided, even before the foundation of the world was formed that He would shed His humanity on the cross of Calvary for our sins. To reconcile you and I back to Him -- as creation was originally intended.

"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God ... And the Word became flesh." (John 1:1-14) 

Yes Lord, you showed us your abundant love when you allowed your own humanity to die on the cross so that we might know your goodness Lord. Your abundance Lord. Your love that has not changed since the beginning of time. Even in the conversation with Jacob in the Old Testament, the Lord that created him said, "Fear not: for I have redeemed thee. I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine."

In Acts 4:10-12, the scriptures further state: "Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of  Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by Him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Jesus - the greatest name I know. This is why believers are confident in their salvation because "to us, there is but one God, the Father of whom are all things, and we in Him and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom are all things." Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father but through me." 

This love story written especially for you and I is further elaborated upon in John 10:30-33. Therein, the Jews were attempting to stone Jesus. Jesus had said, "I and my Father are one." Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, "Many good works have I showed you from my Father; for which of those words do ye stone me?" The Jews answered Him saying, "For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God."

This same Lord thy God, "which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage" stated as well according to Isaiah 43:2, "When thou passes through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee." 

Yes, it is Jesus who is the I AM."Before Abraham, I AM." The Lord thy God that divided the seas whose waves roared. It is for this reason that Paul in the New Testament was willing to go the distance to tell the world about His God and Saviour - Jesus. Paul knew in whom He served. He had seen firsthand the healing power of Jesus. People's lives restored.

In I Corinthians 9:18-20, for example, the scriptures state: "Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel. for though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant to all, that I might gain the more. And unto the Jews, I became as a Jew that I might gain the Jews to them that are under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law."

But Paul did not just preach to people unnecessarily bound by institutional religions serving under the Law. Paul also preached to the weak so that they might also know Jesus as their personal Lord and Saviour. Didn't Paul ask, "Am I not an apostle? Am I not free? Have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord?" 

Paul is saying to each and every one of us that the meaning of life is in Jesus. Our freedom is in Jesus. The lily of the valley -- Jesus! Therefore, rest in Him for He is the Good Shepherd who plants hope and everlasting peace in our hearts. Jesus is still on His throne today setting us free. Jesus the Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever. And the best part -- this King Jesus already knows your name. Ask Jesus into your heart today. Give "yourself" to Him. Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment