Monday, March 19, 2018

Quicken Me After Thy Loving Kindness; So Shall I Keep The Testimony Of Thy Mouth; It Is Well With My Soul - Part 2000

"Shew Thy marvellous loving kindness, O Thou that savest by Thy right hand them which put their trust in Thee from those that rise up against them." (Psalm 17:7)

"Because Thy loving kindness is better than life, my lips shall praise Thee." (Psalm 63:3)

"I will mention the loving kindnesses of the Lord, and the praises of the Lord, according to all that the Lord hath bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which He hath bestowed on them according to His mercies, and according to the multitude of His loving kindnesses." (Isaiah 63:7)

Far too often, we far short from sharing our testimony, and the many benefits that the Lord Jesus gives us in the day to day. While we do speak of the love and joy and peace that He fills our soul with, it is also important to note the song in our heart that He give us wherein we can be assured in His loving kindness and mercy. Not only this day, but every day.

"O Lord: let Thy loving kindness and Thy truth continually preserve me" (Psalm 42:8)

"Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for Thou hast created all things, and for Thy pleasure they are and were created." (Revelation 4:11)

"Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, "Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sits upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever." (Revelation 5:12-13)

It is in this context that I wanted to share many of the scriptures that speak of His loving kindness for His people, from the perspective of David the psalmist. There are others, of course, but these have helped me to more fully understand the joy that Jesus (who is both Lord and Christ) has placed in my heart. (Acts 2:36) These are given for your edification and learning, and that when the tribulation and persecution comes, we can rejoice knowing assuredly that the Lord will never leave us, nor forsake us. That He, the same God who became our Saviour has a purpose for us, even when the fog of this world tries to move us from the Rock which is Christ.

"Remember, O Lord, Thy tender mercies and Thy loving kindnesses; for they have been ever of old." (Psalm 25:6)

"For Thy loving kindness is before mine eyes: and I have walked in Thy truth." (Psalm 26:3)

"How excellent is Thy loving kindness, O God! Therefore, the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Thy wings ... O continue Thy loving kindness unto them that know Thee; and Thy righteousness to the upright in heart" (Psalm 36:7, 10)

"O continue Thy loving kindness unto them that know Thee; and Thy righteousness to the upright in heart.I have not hid Thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared Thy faithfulness and Thy salvation: I have not concealed Thy loving kindness and Thy truth from the great congregation." (Psalm 40:10-11)

"Yet the Lord will command His loving kindness in the daytime, and in the night His song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life." (Psalm 42:8)

"We have thought of Thy loving kindness, O God, in the midst of Thy temple." (Psalm 48:9)

"Hear me, O Lord; for Thy loving kindness is good: turn unto me according to the multitude of Thy tender mercies." (Psalm 69:16)

" ... to shew forth Thy loving kindness in the morning, and Thy faithfulness every night!" (Psalm 92:2)

" ... who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with loving kindness and tender mercies!" (Psalm 103:4)

"Whoso is wise, and will observe these things, even they shall understand the loving kindness of the Lord." (Psalm 107:43)

Yes, indeed, we who believe in our Lord God and Saviour Jesus the Christ by faith have come to love Thy precepts, and praise Thy Name for Thy loving kindness, and for Thy truth ... "for Thou hast magnified Thy Word above all Thy name." (Psalm 119:159; Psalm 138:2)

Yes, indeed, we "hear Thy loving kindness in the morning; for in Thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto Thee." (Psalm 143:8)

And as Jeremiah writes, " ... but let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the Lord which exercise loving kindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight," saith the Lord. (Jeremiah 9:24) 

Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No man comes unto the Father but by Me!" (John 14:6) This is why we can pray with assurance, knowing that "Thine is the Kingdom, the power and the glory, forever and ever, amen." Yes, indeed, "Alleluia; salvation, and glory, and honour, and power unto the Lord our God," our Saviour, the King of kings and Lord of lords, Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, the first and the last.  (Revelation 19:3; Revelation 1:8)

Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment