Friday, March 2, 2018

Behold, The Eye Of The Lord Is Upon Them That Fear Him, Upon Them That Hope In His Mercy - Part 1983

"O Lord my God, in Thee do I put my trust ..." (Psalm 7:1)

"But I trust in Thee, O Lord," I said, "Thou art my God!" (Psalm 31:14)

"Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for Me?" (Jeremiah 32:27)

"For the Lord your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regards not persons, nor taketh reward: He doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loves the stranger, in giving him food and raiment. Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt. Thou shalt fear the Lord thy God; Him shalt thou serve, and to Him shalt thou cleave, and swear by His name. He is thy praise, and He is thy God" (Deuteronomy 10:17-20)

If the scriptures say that the Lord is God, and also, that this same God is Lord throughout the Old Testament, wherein we have been instructed to worship the Lord thy God -- One God -- with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength, and that this One God who created us in the beginning is the same Spirit of the Lord God that moved upon the face of the waters in Genesis, why do we think this One God can be reduced to thirds (a triad/triune/trinity) in the New Testament side? (Deuteronomy 6:4; Mark 12:29-31; Genesis 1:1-2)

For if "the Lord, the God of Israel" is One and in Him alone is our hiding place -- [note -- in Him not them is our hiding place] -- why are we so willing to push these age old written truths aside for modern day false religious dogma that does not align with the scriptures? Should not the Word and the Spirit agree in all things? Since when did it become legitimate to replace the scripturally accurate doctrine of Christ (which is hardly ever preached) in favour of man-made declarations? (II John 1:9; Hebrews 6:1-2)

Moreover, when the scriptures clearly state that the Word that was in the beginning with God and WAS GOD was made flesh and dwelt among us, do these scriptures not confirm that this same One God who loved us from the very beginning and shed His precious holy blood on a cross for you and I, was indeed God manifest in the flesh. (John 1:1-14; I Timothy 3:16)

John tells those who believe that "He was in the world and the world was made by Him and the world knew Him not. He came unto His own and His own received Him not." (John 1:10-11) 

Paul also writes, "To wit, God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself ..." (II Corinthians 5:19)

When the Jews who asked Jesus, "Who art Thou?" did Jesus not say -- "Even [the same] that I said unto you from the beginning ...." (John 8:25-27)

Which is, as Jesus said unto them, "When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I AM [He], and [that] I do nothing of Myself: but as My Father hath taught Me, I speak these things. And He that sent Me is with Me: the Father hath not left Me alone; for I do always those things that please Him ... If God were your Father, ye would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself but He sent Me ... verily, verily, I say unto you -- Before Abraham was, I AM." (John 8:14-59)

Indeed, Jesus repeatedly confirmed that He had come forth from the Father, and that He would ascend once again to the Father. The SAME from whence He came would He return. This is why the Holy Ghost - the Comforter -- could not come until Jesus ascended. We see this same insight elaborated upon in Luke 24 and in Acts 1, wherein "Until the day in which He [Jesus] was taken up, AFTER THAT He [JESUS] THROUGH THE HOLY GHOST had given commandments unto the apostles whom He [Jesus] had chosen." (Acts 1:2-3)

The same Holy Ghost, the same Most High that had overshadowed Mary so that she could bring forth a child is the same Heavenly Father who we worship in spirit and in truth. Yes, He -- the Holy Ghost fathered the child that came forth -- Emmanuel, being interpreted, God with us. (Luke 1:35; Matthew 1:21-23) Even Mary, the mother of Jesus herself rejoiced, saying, "My soul doth magnify the Lord and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour." (Luke 1:46-47)

Jesus told His disciples -- "I and My Father are One!" (John 10:30) Jesus told His disciples -- if ye have seen Me, ye have seen the Father -- and know Him (John 14:6-12) Because Jesus was the dayspring from on high visiting His people. The visible image of the invisible God. (Hebrews 1:1-12) And yes, He was the same God who after His kindness and love toward man became our Saviour. (Titus 3:4-7) He clothed Himself in sin-prone flesh but was without sin as He dwelt among us. In Him the fullness of the Godhead dwelt bodily. (Colossians 2:9) And Holy is His precious, holy Name. 

As well, John the baptizer always pointed to Jesus as the Lord who was to come, even though too He was before Him. The same Lord that is God, and the same God who is Lord. And this same Lord God has given to us His precious Name -- the Name of JESUS.

"... they shall call on My Name, and I will hear them: I will say, "It is My people" and they shall say, "The Lord is my God." (Zachariah 13:9)

Jesus continues, saying, "And whatsoever ye shall ask in My Name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in My Name, I will do. If ye love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you forever; [even] the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it sees Him not, neither knows Him: but ye know Him, for He dwells with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you!" (John 14:13-19)

So that it shall be said in that day, "Lo, this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us: this is the Lord; we have waited for Him, we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation." (Isaiah 25:9)

This is why we who believe by faith now "look for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the Great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; who gave Himself for us from all iniquity, and purify unto Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works ..." (Titus 2:13-14)

Why? Because "the earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. For He hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods. Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in His holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully ... he shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of His salvation.

And as David the psalmist also alluded -- "This is the generation of them that seek Him, that seek Thy face, O Jacob. Selah. Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle. Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah." (Psalm 24:1-10)

Jesus -- the King of kings and Lord of lords. Alpha and Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the ending. He is our all in all! (Revelation 1:8)

"According to Thy Name, O God, so is Thy praise unto the ends of the earth: Thy right hand is full of righteousness ..." (Psalm 48:10) His promise to us? "For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew Himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward Him ..." (II Chronicles 16:9) That means, like David, our mourning will be turned into dancing, "for Thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; to the end that my glory may sing praise to Thee, and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks unto Thee forever. (Psalms 30:11-12)

This should be our hearts desire always -- not because of works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration and the renewing of the Holy Ghost, which He shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment