Monday, March 19, 2018

Let The Word Of Christ Dwell In You Richly In All Wisdom, Singing With Grace In Your Hearts To The Lord - Part 1999

"Behold, bless ye the Lord, all ye servants of the Lord, which by night stand in the house of the Lord." (Psalm 134:1)

"[Yet] the Lord will command His loving kindness in the daytime, and in the night His song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life." (Psalm 42:8)

So many scriptures, validating the joy and peace of the Spirit of our Lord who willingly dwells in the hearts of those who believe in His Name by faith -- the Name of our Lord God and Saviour Jesus the Christ, and are water baptized in His Name -- the Name of Jesus. (Acts 2:36-41; Acts 10:44-48; Romans 6:3-4; I Peter 3:20) Not because of our own doing (because our works are as filthy rags), but rather, because the Lord God Almighty decided from the very beginning  of time to bring salvation to His people. To save His people by His grace, and that not of ourselves, it is the gift of God. Not by works lest any man should boast. 

Who is this God who loved us so much? The Good Shepherd who laid down His life for His people?

And ye shall call His Name JESUS, for He shall save His people from their sins ... Emmanuel, being interpreted, God with us!" (Matthew 1:18-23; Luke 1:35; Acts 4:12; Philippians 2:9; Isaiah 9:6; Revelation 1:8) 

Indeed, as a consequence of His love and kindness toward His beloved creation, God became our Saviour. This abundance of love, in and of itself, should cause us to sing, because His love shines within our hearts. To wit, that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself. (II Corinthians 5:17) Jesus being the He -- God manifest in the flesh -- who shed His precious holy blood on that cross so that we might experience eternal life in Him. (Acts 20:28; I Timothy 3:16) 

The same Spirit of the Lord who moved across the face of the waters in the beginning is that God, and that same God is our Lord. (Psalm 18:2) The first man, Adam earthy, but the second, the Lord from heaven. This is why Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me!" (John 14:6) He is the Bread of Life, the living water wherein once we have tasted, we will never thirst again. 

But there is much more. When the Lord Jesus shines brightly in our hearts (He becoming our all in all!) there is a song in our very being also, bubbling up with His joy and mercy and grace, inviting those around us to come unto our Lord God and Saviour Jesus the Christ and enjoy His "manifold much in this life" as well as everlasting life in the future. It is because of His salvation wherein He paid the price that we have so much to be very thankful for.

As David the psalmist wrote, "The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His Name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies. Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever." (Psalm 23:1-6)

Therefore, don't let the cares of this world overwhelm you. Instead, open your Bible and "let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord." (Colossians 3:16)

This same "Word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (He is Lord of all!) ..." (Acts 10:36)

Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment