Saturday, March 9, 2019

Thus Saith The Lord, "Let My People Go!" - Part 2305

" ... who hath saved us, and called [us] with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began." (II Timothy 1:9)

If Jesus the Christ has set us free, then why are we who believe so willing to be brought into bondage unto any one other than the Lord Himself? So that "My people may serve Me" as the Lord saith! Well, it's a good question, given the numerous examples found in the scriptures, wherein the Lord God of Israel has said, "Let My people go!" I immediately think of Moses, and how the Lord told him (repeatedly) what he was to say to Pharaoh.

 Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, "Let My people go, that they may hold a feast unto Me in the wilderness." (Exodus 5:1) And thou shalt say unto him, "The Lord God of the Hebrews hath sent me unto thee, saying, "Let My people go, that they may serve Me in the wilderness: and, behold, hitherto thou wouldest not hear." (Exodus 7:16) And the Lord spake unto Moses, "Go unto Pharaoh, and say unto him, "Thus saith the Lord, Let My people go, that they may serve Me." (Exodus 8:1)

And again, the Lord said unto Moses, "Rise up early in the morning, and stand before Pharaoh; lo, he cometh forth to the water; and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord, "Let My people go, that they may serve Me." (Exodus 8:20) Then the Lord said unto Moses, "Go in unto Pharaoh, and tell him, "Thus saith the Lord God of the Hebrews -- "Let My people go, that they may serve Me." (Exodus 9:1)

And the Lord said unto Moses, "Rise up early in the morning, and stand before Pharaoh, and say unto him, "Thus saith the Lord God of the Hebrews, Let My people go, that they may serve Me. For I will at this time send all My plagues upon thine heart, and upon thy servants, and upon thy people; that thou mayest know that there is none like Me in all the earth." (Exodus 9:13-14) And Moses and Aaron came in unto Pharaoh, and said unto him, "Thus saith the Lord God of the Hebrews, "How long wilt thou refuse to humble thyself before Me? Let My people go, that they may serve Me." (Exodus 10:3)

So, when the overcoming breakthrough finally happens -- "And he called for Moses and Aaron by night, and said, "Rise up, and get you forth from among My people, both ye and the children of Israel; and go, serve the Lord," as ye have said." (Exodus 12:31)

While the example is from the Old Testament, I can't help but wonder (in awe actually) at the number of times the Lord displayed His mercy and grace? And how often did Moses go back and stand before Pharaoh -- speaking the Word of the Lord -- before the Lord God intervened? Certainly, there are numerous lessons here for those who believe in Jesus by faith ... to understand.

But the greatest lesson? 

"Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord [is], there is liberty." (II Corinthians 3:17)

I am sure there is many more insights to draw upon. As apostle Paul (on the New Testament side) later warns, be sure not to let false brethren unawares come in, who come in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus -- that they might bring us into bondage. (Galatians 2:4)

Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment