Friday, March 8, 2019

My People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge - Part 2302

"But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them by the Lord their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, nor by battle, by horses, nor by horsemen." (Hosea 1:7)

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit saith the Lord of hosts." (Zechariah 4:6)

His glory displayed for one and all to see. So much so that there is no one who can deny the wondrous works of God our Saviour. For His relentless pursuit of our hearts, as a chosen people, is a constant call -- inviting us to enter into His fold, wherein we will never thirst again -- because when we taste and see that the Lord is so good, He fills us with His peace and joy -- forevermore.

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." (Psalm 19:14)

"Let Thy mercies come also unto me, O Lord, [even] Thy salvation, according to Thy word." (Psalm 119:41)

"Thou [art] my hiding place and my shield: I hope in Thy Word." (Psalm 119:114)

But according to the Word of the Lord also (through the prophet Hosea), there are those who go after other lovers for their bread and water, wool and flax, oil and drink. And will do so even though the Lord our God continually invites us to return back to Him. Even though He - the Lord our God is the blesser of all things, supplying us in the day to day with corn, and wine, and oil, whilst similarly multiplying our silver and gold.

What is the point herein? When we replace the Lord's wisdom and knowledge with that of the world's, believing that these strange lovers -- foreign gods -- can satisfy the soul, or conversely, are the giver of rewards, we will (as the scripture states) follow but not overtake; seek but not find. Sadly too, our path  will become hidden from view because our way has become hedged with thorns and surrounded by walls. (Hosea 1:5--7)

An example my hubby uses often is this. If we work for one employer, we cannot expect to receive our pay check from our employer's competitor. It is the same with the God we serve. He gives us a bountiful supply when we focus on Him as our Lord God and Saviour.  He offers clarity in our faith journey, leading and guiding us so that we rely on His goodness and grace for all things. And as we who believe understand, He never leaves us nor forsakes us. For He is the Great I AM from the very beginning -- His Name JESUS in this current dispensation of grace. 

Thus, instead of alluding to our possessions as "rewards that my lovers have given me" (when we deck ourselves with earrings and jewels to satisfy the whims of the world) -- ultimately, forgetting the Lord God who pulled us from the miry clay, we need to begin hearing the voice of the Lord -- so that we can go forth, doing what He leads and guides us to do. 

At the end of the day, He has a unique purpose for each and every one of us, and when we submit to His invitation, we become betrothed to Him forevermore. The benefit package? He betroths us in righteousness, and in judgment, and in loving kindness and in mercies beyond measure. (Hosea 2:19-21) 

He makes us to lie down safely. He betroths Thee unto you and I in faithfulness so that we may hear the voice and hearkening of the Lord. So much to learn but I believe apostle Paul nailed it when he wrote according to the Word of the Lord: "For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ." (II Corinthians 11:2) 

"And this is life eternal, that they might know Thee the only true God [and] Jesus Christ, whom Thou hast sent." (John 17:3)

Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment