Tuesday, July 31, 2018

For Who Is God Save The Lord? Or Who Is A Rock Save Our God? - Part 2115

Jesus said, "And whoso shall receive one such little child in My name receives Me." (Matthew 18:5; Mark 9:37; Luke 9:48)

Jesus said, "For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in My name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward." (Mark 9:41)

Jesus said, "And these signs shall follow them that believe: In My name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." (Mark 16:17; John 14:14)

Jesus said, "For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there am I in the midst of them." (Matthew 18:20)

Jesus said, "For many shall come in My name, saying, "I am Christ; and shall deceive many." (Matthew 24:5; Mark 13:6; Luke 21:8; John 5:43)

Jesus said, "But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for My name’s sake." (Luke 21:12)

Jesus answered them, "I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father’s name, they bear witness of Me." (John 10:25)

And this same Jesus, as Peter standing with the eleven points out on the day of Pentecost -- "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ." (Acts 2:36)

As David the psalmist wrote, "The Lord [is] my Rock, and my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my Strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower." (Psalm 18:2) On the New Testament side (after Jesus shed His precious, holy blood on the cross so that we might obtain salvation) Thomas said (after putting His hand in Jesus' side) -- "my Lord and my God!

You see, the apostles who had walked with Jesus on this earth for three plus years knew whom Jesus was -- after the cross. The apostles had finally understood what Jesus was telling them when He said, "I and My Father are One!" and that if ye have seen Me, ye have seen the Father. (John 10:30; John 14:6)

That is, there is no other God but the Lord, and no other Lord but God. As the first commandment clearly states (in both the old and the new) -- "Hear O Israel the Lord thy God is One Lord!" (Deuteronomy 6:4; Mark 12:29-31)

And for clarity, I Timothy 3:16 states, "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

So where is the confusion regarding the Godhead? Why does modern day religion present God as a triad, or a trinity, a triune god, or God in three persons? My response? Because these do not understand how much the same Lord God who created you and I in the very beginning loved His beloved creation. Or studied the scriptures and found that "after the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared ..." (Titus 3:4-7) 

That this same Spirit of the Lord God who moved upon the face of the waters in Genesis is the same Spirit of the Lord God -- the Holy Ghost -- that fills our hearts and person (our very essence) after we repent and are water baptized in His precious Name -- JESUS! (Acts 2:36-41; Genesis 1:2)

These do not understand that the Holy Ghost this signified that " that the way into the holiest of all was NOT YET made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing ..." (Hebrews 9:8) And that on an appointed day, the Lord God would announce -- "This day have I begotten Thee!" (Psalms 2:7; Acts 13:33; Hebrews 1:5) And at that point, God would become a Father and He (His humanity -- God manifest in the flesh) as a Son. It had to be this way for had the spirit of this world known that Jesus was God clothed in flesh, he would never have allowed for Jesus to be crucified on a cross.

" ... which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known [it], they would not have crucified the Lord of glory." (I Corinthians 2:8)

You see, the first man Adam was earthy, but the second, the Lord from heaven. Not a separate God or another like God but the Lord God Himself robed in flesh. The Word made flesh and dwelt among us. He was in the world and the world was made by Him and the world knew Him not. (John 1:10-11, 14)

This is why Jesus could say, "And whatsoever ye shall ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son." (John 14:13)

What is His Name? As the angel of the Lord declared, "And ye shall call His Name JESUS for He shall save His people from their sins ... Emmanuel, being interpreted, God with us!" (Matthew 1:21-23)

And after He (Jesus) was taken up, He {Jesus) THROUGH the Holy Ghost gave commandments unto the apostles whom He had chosen. (Acts 1:2-3) No longer in the flesh, He was restored to the heavenly wherein He had been before. But His Name -- the Name that had been declared before the world -- the Name of JESUS was the one and only name that was given whereby we must be saved. (Acts 4:12) The name that is above every other name -- Jesus. (Philippians 2:9) This is why God magnified "Thy Word" above every other name that He had used throughout the old covenant. But He did so, giving sufficient evidence that He was the same I AM of the old.

As David the psalmist said, "I will worship toward Thy holy temple, and praise Thy name for thy loving kindness and for Thy truth: for Thou hast magnified Thy Word above all Thy name." (Psalm 138:2)

But the man Christ Jesus -- the flesh and humanity of God -- had to die in order for us to obtain salvation. The veil had to be torn for us to be reconciled with a holy God. The ordinances of old had to be patterned. (Hebrews 9:1-13)

So "how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?" (Hebrews 9:14)

This is why a purchase had to be made. A perfect sacrifice wherein precious, holy blood had to be shed. But in this case, God didn't send another (as the world would have us believe) but rather Himself as an only begotten Son. But God could not die so the flesh had to give up the ghost on the cross wherein He said, "It is finished!" (John 19:30)

A plan of salvation established so that we might have abundant life in Him. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in HIM would not perish but have everlasting life, and our joy full! (John 3:16; John 16:24)

This is why Jesus said, "But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." (John 14:26; John 15:26)

Jesus said, "I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." (Matthew 28:20)

His Name is JESUS -- in Him we have come to personally know God our Saviour. In Him dwelt all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. (Colossians 2:9)

This is why we "declare Thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto Thee." (Hebrews 2:12)

Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment