Tuesday, July 23, 2013

My Son, Give Me Thine Heart - Part 727

"Come unto Me," Jesus said, "all ye that are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me -- for I am meek and lowly in heart -- and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

In the midst of life's trials and tribulations, all we have to do is ask the Lord Jesus to hear our cry. To attend unto our prayer. Indeed, "from the end of the earth will I cry unto Thee, when my heart is overwhelmed. [Moreover] lead me to the Rock that is higher than I. For Thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. [As such] I will abide in Thy tabernacle forever. I will trust in the cover of Thy wings." (Psalm 61:2) 

You see, the only safe place for any of us to be is in the arms of our Lord God and Saviour who loved us enough to shed His precious blood on the cross for us. All we have to do is seek Jesus with all our heart, our soul and our mind. In fact, believe upon His name -- Jesus -- and His righteousness, and as the scriptures state, "all these things will be added unto you." (Matthew 6:33)

What things, you ask? The peace of Jesus filling your very being. His joy welling up in your soul. His abundant love for His people that passes all human understanding. How can we know? Because "the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance -- against such there is no law." (Galatians 5:22-23)

"For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knows that you have need of these things. But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added to you." Further, "fear not, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." (Luke 12:31)

Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment