Friday, August 10, 2012

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD - PART 485

The subject of the day concerns the proliferation of doctrine that does not align with the scriptures. When church teachings do not conform with the scriptures, it makes a mockery of the Word. As the scriptures state, Jesus' teachings (as preached by the apostles) seemed not only good to the Spirit that is holy but to the apostles and elders too. The Word was further confirmed by mighty signs and wonders wherever the gospel was preached. This in and of itself serves as a testimony that the Biblical Word as presented should be our spiritual foundation.

But as a good percentage of the churches that exist today reveal they are often seduced by the same sins of the Garden of Eden. These traditions have led to many religions pursuing substance and sustainability options rather than seeking spiritual things. Had the churches searched the Word for their understanding, there would be much less confusion about who God is within the populace.

II Corinthians 12:18-21 states: "I desired Titus and with him I sent a brother, Did Titus make a gain of you? Walked we not in the same steps? Again think ye that we excuse ourselves unto you? We speak before God in Christ but we do all things, dearly beloved, for your edifying. For I fear lest when I come I shall not find you such as I would and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envying , wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swelling, tumults; And lest when I come again my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

Think upon these things.

Stand in the offering plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment