Thursday, August 2, 2012

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD - PART 480

"Verily, verily I say unto you ... he that heareth my Word and believeth on Him that sent me hath everlasting life and shall not come into condemnation but is passed from death to life." (John 5:24)

When the apostles were asked in Acts 16:30-31, "Sirs, what must we do to be saved?" the response was "Believe on the Lord Jesus the Christ and thou shalt be saved and thy house." Why? Because there is no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh but after His Spirit.

"He that hath my commandments and keepeth them" as written in John 14:21 "he it is that loveth me and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father and I will love Him and will manifest myself to him." Imagine, God Almighty the Creator loving you and I so much that He would become flesh and dwell among us. And then shed His blood on a cross so that we might have salvation. All this so that we might love Him the way we were intended to love Him in the Garden.

When we compare God's love for His people to I Corinthians 13, the words don't seem to be enough. Indeed, there are days when the English language falls short in describing the breadth and depth of love God has for us. Still, I Corinthians chapter 13 serves as a starting point.

Charity [love] suffereth long. Love bears all things. Love believes all things. Love hopes all things. Love endures all things. In other words, love never fails. The love of God for His people never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail. Whether there are tongues, they will cease. Whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

When I was a child, I spoke as a child. I understood as a child. I thought as a child, but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror dimly but then face to face. Now I know in part but then I shall know just as I also am known. And now abide faith, hope and love -- these three -- but the greatest of these is love."(I Corinthians 13:1-13)

The greatest of these is God's infinite love for His people --- you and I and our families and to all those who are afar off. Ask Jesus into your life today and stand steadfast knowing that God's love for us will never fail.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believes unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." (Romans 10:8-10)

"Whosoever therefore shall confess Me before men, him will I confess also before My Father which is in Heaven." (Matthew 10:32)

Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment