Thursday, February 9, 2012

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD - PART 331

In the volume of the book it is written of Me. I came to do your will Lord.
For the Word of the Lord was manifest in the flesh, God revealing Himself to us. For no man has ever seen God, the only begotten Son who has come forth from the innermost being of the Spirit of the holy one. It is He who has revealed the mind of the Lord. It is He who has declared the counsel of God. For the Life of God was made manifest -- the very eternal life that made the world was in the world and the inhabitants of the earth did not know Him!

Let me provide a glimpse into the life of William Booth-Clibborn He was the grandson of William Booth, the illustrious founder of the Salvation Army. Booth-Clibborn was a powerful Pentecostal evangelist and authored one of the most beloved Oneness compositions ever written. The title of the song was “Down from His Glory.” This majestic song inspired in 1921 declares the glory of Christ, the incarnate God. The following is Booth-Clibborn's song.

Down from His glory, ever living story,
My God and Saviour came, and Jesus was His name;
Born in a manger to His own a stranger,
A man of sorrows, tears and agony!

What condescension, bringing us redemption,
That in the dead of night, not one faint hope in sight,
God gracious, tender laid aside His splendour,
Stooping to woo, to win, to save my soul!

Without reluctance, flesh and blood His substance,
He took the form of man, revealed the hidden plan;
O glorious mystery sacrifice of Calvary!
And now I know He is the great I AM.

Chorus: Oh how I love Him! How I adore Him!
My breath, my sunshine, my all in all!
The great Creator became my Saviour,
And all God’s fullness dwelleth in Him!

Speaking and singing within ourselves, psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, making melody within our heart to the Spirit of God in Christ!

Chorus: It’s all in Him, it’s all in Him,
The fullness of the Godhead is all in Him.
It’s all in Him, it’s all in Him,
The Mighty God is Jesus, and it’s all in Him

These are examples of the moments and times of refreshing that come forth when people are in the presence of the Lord. Peace to all who are in JESUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment