Thursday, May 9, 2019

Prove Me Now, Saith The Lord Of Hosts - Part 2337

"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death." (Romans 8:1-2)

For me, Romans 8 has always been the promise chapter wherein the Lord declares and proves His promises to those who believe in His Name,  revealing His goodness and grace and mercy. In fact, Romans 8 is one of my go-to chapters, when the struggles of this world begin to mount. But today I am going to focus on how the Lord strengthens us in the now -- remembering that there is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus.

Why is this important? Because when we worship and praise our Lord God and Saviour in the now,  we are continually strengthened by His grace. When all men stand against us, forsaking us, the Lord God stands with us in all things -- walking before us, and sustaining us even when we are unsure of the things coming next. A good reminder comes from David the psalmist who wrote: "In the day when I cried, Thou answered me, and strengthened me with strength in my soul." (Psalm 138:3) 

From the beginning of time, the Lord's faithfulness and mercy has not changed. Thus, when we focus on the Lord Jesus with all our heart, soul, mind and strength, and flow His love to others, He pours out His blessings. He fills us with hope when things look far from hopeful. And again, He is so very faithful in all things. This is the reason we worship Jesus as the King of kings and Lord of lords, giving to Him all the glory and honour and praise forever and ever -- because He is forever worthy of our praise.

In looking for scripture that edifies in numerous situations, I found these. I hope they offer you as much hope as they do me. 

From Philippians 4:13: " I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me."

Another example of being strengthened by the Lord in the present? 

"At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: [I pray God] that it may not be laid to their charge. Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto His heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen." (II Timothy 4:16-18)

In another place -- "... that ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, unto all patience and long suffering with joyfulness; giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:" (Colossians 1:10-12)

And yet again -- "... of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might by His Spirit in the inner man; that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love." (Ephesians 3:16-17)

Finally, from Revelation -- "Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen." (Jude 1:24-25)

Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment