Monday, December 31, 2018

The Truth Is In Jesus, The Mystery Held In The Bosom Of The Father From The Beginning - Part 2241

Jesus said, "But he that received seed into the good ground is he that hears the Word, and understands [it]; which also bears fruit, and brings forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty." (Matthew 13:23)

" ... if so be that ye have heard Him, and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus!" (Ephesians 4:21)

Who is the Word? John writes, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God ... and the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." (John 1:1-2; John 1:14)

John bare witness of Him, and cried, saying, "This was He of whom I spake, He that comes after me is preferred before me: for He was before me. And of His fullness have all we received, and grace for grace. For the law was given by Moses, [but] grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared [Him]." (John 1:14-18)

Jesus -- the visible image of the unseen God. (Hebrews 1:1-3) Jesus -- God manifest in the flesh. (I Timothy 3:16) The same God who after His kindness and love became our Saviour. (Titus 3:4-7) 

The Same God which commanded, "Hear O Israel, the Lord thy God is One Lord." (Deuteronomy 6:4; Mark 12:29-31) 

The Same God who psalmist David repeatedly declared is the Lord. "For who is God save the Lord? or who is a Rock save our God?" (Psalm 18:31)

"Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord; and the people whom He hath chosen for His own inheritance." (Psalm 33:12)

"The Lord [is] my Rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower." (Psalm 18:2)

On the New Testament side, the one and same good news gospel of the now "risen" Jesus Christ -- who is both Lord and Christ -- is preached. (Acts 2:36-41)

For example, Peter (standing with the eleven) on the day of Pentecost said, "Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by Him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it. 

For David speaks concerning Him, "I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for He is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: because Thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt Thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance." (Acts 2:22-28)

Note that Peter further clarifies that this is not about David (for he is dead and buried), but rather, the prophecy that was yet to be fulfilled, and now has, wherein David knew "that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, He would raise up Christ to sit on His throne." (Acts 2:30)

Not just a prophecy to the psalmist but to Moses also -- "For Moses truly said unto the fathers, "A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; Him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever He shall say unto you." (Acts 3:22)

And in another place, "This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, "A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; "Him shall ye hear. (Acts 7:37)

Hear ye Him, for He shall save His people from their sins ... Emmanuel, being interpreted, God with us. (Matthew 1:21-23) To wit, God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself. (II Corinthians 5:19) 

"One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism. One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."(Ephesians 4:5-6)

And it is for this reason, that the true believing body of Christ church (wherein Jesus is the Head!) is "looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ." (Titus 2:13)
 
Stand in the offering plate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment