Monday, March 24, 2014

If My People Which Are Called By My Name -- Part 860

"If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." (II Chronicles 7:14)

Although the above verse is taken from the old testament, the underlying message remains the same for us in the new covenant today. If My people -- which are called by My name -- shall humble themselves and pray, seeking our Lord God and Saviour -- our Redeemer -- with all our hearts, soul, mind and strength, and His righteousness, He will forgive us our sins and heal our land. Note that this is not just random commentary within the scriptures, but His promise to all those who seek Him by faith. 


In the new testament, we are instructed to ... "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." (Matthew 6:33)


So, what is this name given to us in this current new covenant of grace? His name is Jesus -- the ONLY name given under heaven in this new covenant of grace -- whereby we must be saved. 


"Neither is there salvation in any other ... for there is NONE other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)


"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call His name Jesus, for He shall save His people from their sins." (Matthew 1:21)


This same Jesus continues to teach us how to live today. The same Jesus whom the world could not receive because the world saw Him not -- neither did the world know Him. 

But for those who know Jesus personally, and have accepted Him to be Lord and Saviour in their lives by faith -- seeking His righteousness -- they can testify of a life that only Jesus can give. Why? Because He does not leave us comfortless. Indeed, Jesus fills us with His peace and joy -- His love and kindness that passes all human understanding. 

Jesus said, "If ye love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever. Even the Spirit of Truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwells with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." (John 14:15-18)

"Yet a little while, and the world seeth Me no more; but ye see Me: because I live, ye shall live also. At that day, ye shall know that I am in My Father, and ye in Me, and I in you. He that hath My commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loveth Me: and he that loveth Me shall be loved of My Father, and I will love him, and will manifest Myself to him." (John 14:19-21)

Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, "Lord, how is it that Thou wilt manifest Thyself unto us, and not unto the world?"

Jesus answered and said unto him, "If a man love Me, he will keep My words, and My Father will love him, and We will come unto him, and make Our abode with himHe that loveth Me not keeps not My sayings. (The Word which ye hear is not mine but the Father's which sent Me.)

These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you, but the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." (John 14:15-26)

Therefore, there is no confusion with our Lord God and Saviour. He will teach us all things in perfect alignment with the Word. This includes doing everything that we do -- both in word and deed -- in the name of Jesus. 

Let him who hath ears to hear, hear. Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment