Wednesday, August 14, 2013

From Everlasting to Everlasting, Thou Art God - Part 743

"Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, Thou [art] God." (Psalms 90:2) 


But the greatest love story ever told does not begin and end in the old covenant. It can't be found or fulfilled in the Law or the Ten Commandments. If the Law was sufficient in and of itself, the scriptures state that we would make null and void the sacrifice of our Lord God and Saviour on the cross. 

The fact is that this very same God who created us and loved us from the beginning wrote a brand new covenant for you and I -- a covenant of grace -- where He willingly shed His precious blood for us. A new testament written with the blood and sacrifice of our Lord God as our Saviour on a cross so that you and I could experience His mercy. His salvation. 


Today, we have the benefit of His Word at our fingertips -- the scriptures that offers abundant life in Jesus. Bible verses whereby we know that He is able to do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine -- according to His power that is at work within us. In fact, we can turn to the scriptures on any given day and recognize and realize our heavenly Father's infinite love for us. How much He loves us and wants the eyes of our hearts to be opened by faith to the glorious inheritance of the saints. 


And yet, in many situations, we become entangled with the cares of life. Rather than praising Jesus alway for His goodness and grace, and subsequently expecting miracles, we tend to forget that Jesus said to cast all our burdens upon Him. Not just one or two burdens but He said cast ALL of our burdens upon Him.  


This is why Psalm 27 offers an important lesson. David did not need to be reminded to praise the King of kings. Even though David did not live under the dispensation of grace -- as we do -- he understood God's infinite goodness and mercy -- possibly at times more than we do. And as such, he was willing to share the good news message to one and all. 


In the New Testament. the scriptures state:


"How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"(Hebrews 9:14)

A question, perhaps, that we should all be contemplating because we too know -- by faith -- that He who holds our future -- from everlasting to everlasting -- He is our Lord God and Saviour. 


Psalm 27:1-6 is copied and pasted below for your edification. Blessings in the precious name of Jesus!


"The Lord is our light and salvation, and thus, whom shall we fear? The Lord is the strength in our life and therefore, of whom shall we be afraid? 


When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear. Though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. 


One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after -- that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in His temple.

For in the time of trouble, He shall hide me in His pavilion. In the secret of His tabernacle shall He hide me. He shall set me up upon a rock. And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me. 

Therefore, will I offer in His tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord." (Psalms 27:1-6)

Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment