Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Jesus Sufficeth - Part 584

Jesus said to the people -- "I am the way, the truth and the life. No man cometh unto the Father but by me." But Jesus did not stop there. He went on to say in John chapter 14, that "If ye" -- if you and I -- "had known me, ye should have known my Father also; and from henceforth ye know Him and have seen Him."

So why is it that many religions today get it wrong, preferring instead to follow traditions that err rather than conform to the Word? Even when these questions have already been clarified repeatedly within the scriptures.

For example, when Philip needed clarification, he asked Jesus. "Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us." Jesus said unto him, "Have I been so long time with you and yet thou hast not known me Philip? He that has seen me hath seen the Father, and how sayest then, Show us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father and the Father in me? The words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself but the Father that dwelleth in me. He doeth the works."

John understood that when Jesus -- God Almighty in the flesh -- returned to the Father in completeness, He would give us another Comforter -- the Spirit of truth "whom the world cannot receive because it sees Him not, neither knows Him." (John 14:1-18) Jesus -- the Word according to I John 5:7  told us that He "would not leave us comfortless." That indeed, Jesus would come to us.

"Yet a little while and the world seeth me no more but ye also see me because I live ye shall live also. At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father and ye in me and I in you." (John 14:20)

Judas (not Iscariot) also required clarification. He asked Jesus, "Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us and not unto the world?" Jesus responded by saying, "If a man love me, he will keep my words, and my Father will love him and we will come unto Him and make our abode with him." (John 14:23)

The Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost whom the Father will send in my name He shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance. (John 14:26)  "Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away and come again unto you. If ye loved me, you would rejoice because I said I go unto the Father for my Father is greater than I." (John 14:28)

This is the confidence that we have in Jesus who shed His precious blood on a cross for us. "For there are three that bear record in Heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost; and these three are one." (I John 5:7)

Further, John wrote, "Little children, let no man deceive you." We have passed from death to life because the same God who created man and woman in the beginning loved us enough to later shed His holy blood on a cross for our sins. This intricate plan of salvation decided before the foundation of the world was formed. This plan of salvation decided personally for you and I even before we were formed in our mother's womb.

It is His peace that Jesus wants to give us. His peace in abundance whereby we know that our sins have been forgiven us for His name's sake -- Jesus name's sake. (I John 2:12) Whereby we know that we have passed from death unto life. Whereby we can be confident in our salvation "because He laid down His life for us." (I John 3:16) That we can love Him because He first loved us. (I John 4:19)

Therefore, believe on the name of the son of God that ye might know too that ye have eternal life. In other words, it is not church or religion or priests or pastors that gives you access to Heaven, It is you believing in the Word -- Jesus. "For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world; and this is the victory that overcameth the world -- even our faith." (I John 5:5)

Believe in Jesus today. Ask Jesus for His plan for your life. Be confident that Jesus never fails. He is the way, the truth and the life. Stand in the offering plate.



No comments:

Post a Comment