Wednesday, March 16, 2011

If the Blind Lead the Blind - PART 56

If the blind lead the blind, they might both find themselves in a ditch. This is hardly the situation one wants to find themself in. This is why, sometimes, relying on an analogy or an example to explain God's message can be helpful.

For example, sons of God ought to stop considering that unsaved, unredeemed persons know what salvation is. How could they? You were there once. Blind to understanding God's plan of salvation. But now, by accepting the salvation that Jesus provided on the cross, you have been made a partaker of the power of the life to come. So, in this context, cease striving to perform good works. The fruits of your salvation will shine through as you get closer.

Admittedly, there may come a time when you have to shake the dust off your feet because of unbelief but in the interim, all you, or I can do is set the table.  Send out the invitations to the 'whosoever will' in order that they too might come, dine and pray, remembering that God loves the lost more than you or I.

Why? Because He wrote His love in crimson red. Now that is love. Recall the parable of the sewer who went out to sow seed in the harvest field?  Not all the seeds took root. Some of the seeds fell here and some seeds fell in all the wrong places. The seeds that fell in the latter places withered and died. There is a message here. That is, keep your hand upon the throttle and your eyes upon the rail. A boat without a rudder is going wherever the tide or wind directs it. For us, though, the Lord is our shepherd. He guides us and directs us. Whether the wind or tide rocks us to or fro, we can rest assured that Jesus has us in His arms.

So why is it then that some people will resort back to the old ways? Sort of like Lot's wife in the Old Testament. When they were fleeing, she looked back. The Hebrews exiting Egypt are yet another example - they sort of turned back in their hearts. They marched on and on around and around the same mountain and didn't know it. Unbelievable. But these prods of the scriptures are not written to deter you. Rather, they are written so we do not fall asleep, reverting back to following the masses rather than listening to the voice of God's Spirit  that  whispers, “Follow Me.”

Us? We need to be wise -- indeed, wiser than the deceiving serpent known as the enemy. We need to be resourceful and compassionate and to some extent, harmless as a dove. In so doing, saith the scriptures, all men will know that you are His disciples. It is your faith that is on trial. Your faith that the enemies want to steal. Some will even say that if you stop believing in God and stop talking about your faith, that they will be your friend again. Why it will be just  like old times. Yea.

That is precisely the reason I called on the Lord to deliver me. The good old days were not very good. If the truth be told, most of the time the old times were boring. And now my so-called friends are being so nice, hoping to entice me back. My question is this. Back to what?

Those of you who want to be under the law of sin and death, you preach it constantly from your pulpits as if it were salvation. Why if you had not delivered the law unto me ,I would never have been convicted of my fallen condition. But every time you advocate that I must do this, or I must do that, it confirms to me that the hole I am digging for myself, just keeps getting deeper. 

It reminds me of a time when I was a kid at school. We used to get cross hander’s with the leather shaving belt. We were being punished but punished for what. Well, if you are listening to what is being prescribed by the law, the law prescribes a prescription of death. Think of the sacrifices made in the Old Testament.

Consider the meaning of verses like, "For I cannot arise to justification by endeavouring to fulfill it." In actual fact, there are simply not enough animals around to be sacrificed for my sin. The other consideration, even after I would have sacrificed the animals, is that I still walk away with sin. Why, the very thought haunts my mind. Yes, it is no wonder God said, "Away with them. Your sacrifice and offerings I have had no pleasure in them."

Indeed, it is because of all of this prescription and adherence to laws, and sacrifices that don't take away sin that you have forced me to prepare myself a body. I the Lord, the God of the universe, will become your Saviour. I will deliver you from your sin. God was saying to the who ever wherever you may be, that He will save you. For apart from me, there is no salvation.

Still, the scriptures warned believers (with tears night and day) that even of your own selves shall men arise speaking perverse things to draw away disciples after themselves. They don't want you to talk about Jesus and how he rescued us from a world of sin. The good news is that God loves us and regardless of what people say, they cannot take away our salvation. They can't take away our joy!

So the message for today - keep preaching the Word of God both in season and out of season. 

We love to tell the story
It will be our theme in glory
To tell the old, old story
Of JESUS and His Love.

Peace. Stand in the Offering Plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment