Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Faith in Jesus - PART 54

When faith is come, we are no longer in the charge of an attendant. Instead, we are now free. We have been delivered from the house of bondage. Our shackles, the chains of bondage, have fallen off and made our prison doors ajar. Although we are hesitant to step out into the wide open expanse, we have grown accustomed to three square meals a day. We ask the expected questions. Now what and where do I go from here?


Our head imagines all sorts of strange thoughts. Is it better to stay where we are ... yes, maybe I should stay. Maybe. But then as we consider our circumstance, we still encounter faith. What is faith? And the obvious next question, should I take that leap of faith?


Explain faith to me that I should believe. First, we all recognize that every action has an equal and opposite reaction. So if I were to stay put today, and not move forward, then I will still be in the same 'stay put' condition tomorrow. Unfortunately, we have been so programmed by generational unbelief.  But do I stay here, in a place that offers no hope? Of course not. Indeed, enough is enough.


A decision has been made. I have decided that I am not going back to more of the same. I have looked over the mountain and caught a glimpse of possibilities unlimited. Like the apostles, I do want to get over the side of the boat and walk on the stormy sea if needs be.  Why? Because I know of the promise the promise that God gave. That is, after every storm appears a rainbow. Even though at this point in my life, I may not exactly know what faith is, I do know that the life I am living is not working. 


Instead, my decision is that I am up and out of here. When I was imprisoned in the hole, I looked up and asked someone who I could not see to deliver me. Now, that I have made the decision, I am in a whole new dimension. My life has been encompassed by a refreshing breeze. The breeze from a God who loved me enough to bring me His plan of salvation.


In all honesty, I can't explain the inward uplift but it sure feels good and refreshing. The dirt in the hole has been washed clean. Once again, I converse with the one who I cannot see so that He can guide me. 


After all, at the end of the day, it was not man that made me. If man never made me, why am I subservient to him? It does not seem logical. I am surrounded with a creation that man never made. My eyes behold beautiful colourful landscapes and my ears receive beautiful vibrations. I taste in my mouth satisfying food. In these contexts, is it not better to spend a lot of time dwelling on these things that adorn the earth womb and into which I have now been introduced. 


Some one who I cannot see has made and purposefully upholds the universe faithfully generation to generation. Even more important, when I call on Him, the one who I don't see from inside the hole, He rescues me.

While I open my eyes and escape from this jungle called life, I realize that even if I do not see His form, He most assuredly has a vested interest in us. It is He who has opened my understanding. Like the song, I can honestly say that I am beginning to see clearly now. In this world, instructors have tried to rob me of wisdom. They have stricken the owner and maker of this beautiful place of His rightful adoration. In this context, admittedly, I may not and may never have all the answers. That’s okay. One day at a time, step by step, I learn from the one I do not see. I am attending HIS new school of faith.

Further, I cannot see the air that I breathe but as long as it is fresh air, I breathe anyway. In the same way, I may not see the Almighty. But what I have found is that my life have changed for the better since I called upon Him. By His grace, I am no longer wormwood. I am not going to fall through the cracks in a system of error. I will not subscribe to a belief that the general populace must be kept in ignorance.

Why? Because I know the Spirit of the one who loves me. The one who wants me to prosper and be in good health even as my soul prospers. Start prospering today. Walk into the health that God has for us. His spirit will quicken (make alive) your mortal body as you walk from a dead world of unbelief, into the new world of faith where impossibilities become possibilities. Take the small step of faith from an ungodly religious world and enter into a believing world of faith. You'll never be disappointed in the fact that Jesus love you and me.  He understands. Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment