Wednesday, January 30, 2019

For It Hath Been Declared; Jesus Is Lord Of All - Part 2270

"For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men: as free, and not using [your] liberty for a cloke [cloak] of maliciousness, but as the servants of God. Honour all [men]. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the King." (I Peter 2:15-17)

How do we put to silence the ignorance of foolish men? By preaching the good news gospel, as servants of the Most High, set free from bondage, flowing through His love to one another, edifying those who are within the body of Christ church, fearing God, yet honouring Him as our King. Indeed, as the King of kings and Lord of lords.

For further clarity, apostle Paul writes it this way.

"Now I beseech you, brethren, by the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and [that] there be no divisions among you; but [that ye] be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them [which are of the house] of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. Now this I say, that every one of you saith, "I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ." 

Is Christ divided? 

Was Paul crucified for you? 

Or were ye baptized in the name of Paul? 

I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name. And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other. For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God." (I Corinthians 1:10-18) 

In other words, we who believe are to be in one accord, perfectly joined together in the sane mind and in the same judgment -- as the first 3,000 souls saved were on the day of Pentecost. This means no contentions among us, or division but rather understanding that it was Jesus the Christ who died for us. Not an apostle or a minister, but indeed the promised Messiah, the prophesied Christ, who paid the price once and for all -- on the cross, so that we might find life in Him.

Likewise, Paul instructs the saints at Corinth that as well, they are to be water baptized in His Name -- the precious, holy Name of the Lord Jesus. (Acts 2:36-41; Acts 10:44-48) 

It is herein that "God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty ..." (I Corinthians 1:27) Because those who believe in the risen Jesus do so from the heart. Their very essence giving all the glory and the honour to the Saviour who took their place.

So then, as the scriptures state, "where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? Hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?" (I Corinthians 1:20) 

As we learn, these questions are quickly answered. That is, His wisdom resides in those who preach Christ crucified, and continue to do so even though the Name of Jesus to Jews is a stumbling block and to Greeks foolishness. In fact, it pleases God that by the foolishness of preaching is His gift of salvation to them that believe. (I Corinthians 1:21)

Meditate upon these treasures this day. Stand in the offering plate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment