Saturday, June 30, 2018

Knowing That A Man Is Not Justified By The Works Of The Law, But By The Faith Of Jesus Christ - Part 2087

"And I will give him the morning star." (Revelation 2:28)

"I Jesus have sent Mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star." (Revelation 22:16)

" ... who being the brightness of [His] glory, and the express image of [His] person, and upholding all things by the Word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high." (Hebrews 1:3)

Who is He then -- who after purging Himself for our sins -- sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high? The Great I AM. How do we know? Because Jesus said, "Before Abraham was, I AM." (John 8:58)  If Jesus had only been 33 years of age, as the modern day religious culture suggests, then how could He have been before Abraham was? 

Still, this was not the only time Jesus refers to I AM. In John 6, Jesus declares, "I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Life! No man comes unto the Father but by Me!" (John 14:6) Jesus then goes onto tell His disciples that if they had seen Jesus, they had seen the Father. Of course, Philip struggles with Jesus' identity, and asks how this can be? From John 14:

"Thomas saith unto Him, "Lord, we know not whither Thou goest; and how can we know the Way?" Jesus saith unto him, "I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man comes unto the Father, but by Me. If ye had known Me, ye should have known My Father also: and from henceforth ye know Him, and have seen Him." (John 14:5-8)

So, then Philip saith unto Jesus, "Lord, shew us the Father, and it suffices us." Jesus saith unto him, "Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known Me, Philip? he that hath seen Me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believes thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwells in me, he doeth the works. Believe Me that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me: or else believe me for the very works’ sake. (John 14:9-11)

"Verily, verily, I say unto you -- he that believes on Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in My Name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. f ye shall ask any thing in My Name, I will do [it]." (John 14:12-15)

Jesus then goes on to say: "If ye love Me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever; even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees Him not, neither knows Him: but ye know Him; for He dwells with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you ...

Yet a little while, and the world sees Me no more; but ye see Me: because I live, ye shall live also. At that day ye shall know that I AM in My Father, and ye in Me, and I in you. He that hath My commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves Me: and he that loves Me shall be loved of My Father, and I will love Him, and will manifest myself to Him." (John 14:16-21)

Still, Jesus is not finished yet. Indeed, there is so much more to say. Herein, Judas (not Iscariot) saith unto Him, "Lord, how is it that Thou wilt manifest Thyself unto us, and not unto the world?" Jesus answered and said unto him, "If a man love Me, he will keep My words: and My Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loves Me not keeps not My sayings: and the Word which ye hear is not Mine, but the Father’s which sent Me. These things have I spoken unto you, being [yet] present with you. But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My Name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." (John 14:22-26)

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world gives, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. Ye have heard how I said unto you, "I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved Me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for My Father is greater than I. And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe. Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world comes, and hath nothing in Me. But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave Me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence." (John 14:27-31)

The Holy Ghost -- the Comforter, which as we know, Jesus after He was taken up, He -- Jesus THROUGH the Holy Ghost gave commandments unto the apostles whom He had chosen. The same Holy Ghost which overshadowed Mary so she could bring forth a son. In essence, the Holy Ghost fathered the son that came forth, and here, Jesus is telling the apostles that He must first go away before coming again. 

Why? Because God's plan of salvation was unfolding, when He Himself became our Saviour. God manifest in the flesh. His Name shalt be called Jesus for He shall save His people from their sins, Emmanuel, being interpreted, God with us.

This great salvation, which at the first began to be spoken of by the Lord, was confirmed unto us by them that heard Him. At the same time, God willingly confirmed this witness with signs and wonders, and with diverse miracles, and gifts of His holy Spirit.

Remember that the law was added 430 years AFTER the promise was given? Therefore, the law cannot undo the promise. Neither can the law cannot be tagged on to the promise. Those first 300 years of the gospel, sent the fallen angels into a tailspin. Indeed, if one were to use a cliche, you could say that the cat was out the bag. It required immediate damage control, and spin artists working tirelessly 24/7 to stop the leaks. It took 300 years before they had established a foothold. It took 300 years before satan could transform himself into a messenger of light, replacing the head of the church with an impostor asserting infallibility. 

These so called church authorities in turn sat down and hammered out their own version of the gospel. They introduced to the then generation that God was three distinct and separate persons -- all in one. In fact, their fabricated gospel was so entrenched that woe to them who dared to contradict their darkened minds. The decline in the gospel message was swift. From light into darkness -- at the flip of a switch. From a primitive church exposing demonic practices to the establishment of another gospel, totally adverse to the gospel which had been personally delivered by the Lord.

The good news gospel message as proclaimed to the world, in which He Himself was more than willing to die, so that we -- His beloved creation -- could be redeemed in Him. This is one reason we who believe in the Lord Jesus by faith stand fast in the liberty that was given to us by the Lord. As it is written, "I marvel that you are so soon removed from the gospel which was delivered to you. Why are you so soon shaken from it?" The God in Christ meant what He said and said what He meant. This promise of God is not a slippery slope. It is impossible for God to lie. God wants to speak to us. As such, we need to listen.

In Hebrews 6:13, God made a promise to Abraham, because He could swear by no greater. Therefore, He swore by Himself, saying, surely with My blessing I will bless you. In multiplying, I will multiply you. Verse 16 of the same chapter reads that men verily swear by the greater: and an oath for confirmation is to them an end to all strife. God, willing to show unto the heirs of promise the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath. These two immutable characteristics include (1) it is impossible for God to lie and (2 ) we have a strong consolation that we who have fled for refuge, laying hold upon the hope set before us, the hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, will enter into that within the veil.

Jesus our one and only high priest forever. After the Order of Melchisedec. Not like other priests, or imposters who ought to confess their sin, their folly and error to the One who alone can forgive sin. They ought to know better. The only one that can forgive sin is Jesus. He is the Word of the oath which existed before the law. He is the Word which brought forth the seed of promise, the son of the Holy Spirit and the one who is consecrated for evermore. For if we confess our sins to Him, who alone is the High priest, our sins will be forgiven. Jesus is more than willing to forgive us our sin and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

It is for this reason that Jesus paid the ultimate sacrifice -- for you and I -- so that we can have His hope and oil of gladness in our hearts. Yes, the gospel provided a way for men and women to go directly to the throne of grace. Peace to all who are in Jesus. 

Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment