Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Jesus, The Promise From Afore Bringing Forth His Gift of Salvation To One and All; Therefore, Let His Light So Shine In You Before Men - Part 1447

Jesus said, "Verily, verily I say unto you ... he that hears My Word and believes on Him that sent me hath everlasting life and shall not come into condemnation but is passed from death to life." (John 5:24)

When the apostles were asked in Acts 16:30-31, "Sirs, what must we do to be saved?" the response was "Believe on the Lord Jesus the Christ and thou shalt be saved and thy house." Why? Because "there is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit." (Romans 8:1; Galatians 5:1; Romans 33-39)

Further, Jesus said, "He that hath My commandments and keeps them" ... "he it is that loves Me and he that loves Me shall be loved of my Father and I will love Him and will manifest Myself to him." (John 14:21-26) Imagine. God Almighty the Creator loving you and I so much that He would become flesh and dwell among us. And then shed His precious blood on a cross so that we might have salvation. Abundant life in Him.

All this so that we might love Him the way we were intended to love Him in the Garden. When we compare God's love for His people to I Corinthians 13, for example, the words don't seem adequate.. Indeed, there are days when the English language falls short in describing the breadth and depth of love God has for us.

Still, I Corinthians chapter 13 serves as a starting point. Charity [flow-thru love beginning with our love for the Lord Jesus] suffers long. It bears all things. This kind of love believes all things, and hopes all things. Love endures all things. In other words, perfect love never fails. We understand this better when we see the love of God for His people.

But whether there are prophecies, they will fail. Whether there are tongues, they will cease. Where there is knowledge, it will vanish away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

When I was a child, I spoke as a child. I understood as a child. I thought as a child, but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror dimly but then face to face. Now I know in part but then I shall know just as I also am known. And now abide faith, hope and love -- these three -- but the greatest of these is charity."(I Corinthians 13:1-13)

The greatest of these is God's infinite love for His people --- you and I and our families and to all those who are afar off. (Acts 2:36-39) And from His love for us, we reach out and love others. We better understand that if -- while we were yet sinners, the Lord Jesus loved us enough to endure the torture and shame of the cross, we too can share His goodness and grace and mercy and love with others.

His love freely and willingly given so that we might believe, so that we may be the children of our Father which is in heaven. As Jesus instructed His disciples, "For He makes His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust." (Matthew 5:45) This is the type of love/charity wherein we can become that city on a hill -- the shining light that always points to Jesus the Christ.

If you haven't already done so, ask Jesus into your life today and stand steadfast knowing that His love for us will never fail.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believes unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." (Romans 10:8-10)

"Whosoever therefore shall confess Me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in Heaven." (Matthew 10:32)

And, as Peter (standing with the eleven) on the day of Pentecost said to those who asked, "What shall we do?" ... "Repent, and be [water] baptized in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38)

Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment