Wednesday, August 12, 2015

If Any Man Thirst, Jesus Said, Let him Come to Me - Part 1175

Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No man comes to the Father BUT BY ME." (John 14:6)

Jesus said unto them, "I am the Bread of Life: he that cometh to Me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on Me shall never thirst." (John 6:35)

But moreover, Jesus clarifies His identity, for He continues by saying, "If ye had known Me, ye should have known My Father also, and from henceforth, ye know Him and have seen Him." (John 14:7)

Even though it seemed that the words Jesus spoke should be sufficient, Philip said unto Him, "Lord, show us the Father and it sufficeth us." Jesus said unto him, "Have I been so long time with you and yet hast thou not known Me, Philip? He that hath seen Me hath seen the Father, and how sayest thoug then, "Shew us the Father." (John 14:6-9)

Then Jesus went on to say, "Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak unto you I speak not of Myself, but of the Father that dwelleth in Me, He doeth the works. Believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the very works sake. Verily, verily, I say unto you -- he that believeth on Me, the works that I do, shall he do also, and greater than these shall he do, because I go unto My Father. 

And whatsoever ye shall ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye love Me, keep My commandments, and I will pray the Father and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you forever -- [even] the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive because it seeth Him not, but ye know Him for He dwelleth with you -- and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless. I will come to you!" (John 14:6-18)

Even more so, Jesus promises that in that day when the Holy Ghost comes to dwell within, we shall know that Jesus -- the same great "I am" who revealed Himself in the old covenant -- is in the Father, and us in Him, and He in us. 

"But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." (John 14:26)

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of Truth which proceedeth from the Father, He shall testify of Me, and ye also shall bear witness because ye have been with Me from the beginning." (John 15:26)

Indeed, God's Word is the Bread of Life. 

Note that Jesus had to first be taken up so that He (from this point forward) THROUGH the Holy Ghost could command the apostles whom He had chosen ... and that, by so doing, the apostles (and by extension you and I) could receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you. (Acts 1:1-8) 

His Spirit then is the water for the soul of man. The living water that quenches the worst thirst, from the well that never runs dry.

"But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." (John 4:14)

"He that believeth on Me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water." (John 7:38)

And He said unto me, "It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely." (Revelation 21:6)

"For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour My spirit upon thy seed, and My blessing upon thine offspring." (Isaiah 44:3)

"In the last day, that great [day] of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, "If any man thirst, let him come unto Me, and drink." (John 7:37)

"And He shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb." (Revelation 22:1)

Yes, Jesus is the Word made flesh. (John 1:1-18) The same Word that was in the beginning with God and was God. He came unto His own and His own received Him not. He was in the world but the world did not know Him. But today, through repentance and baptism in the name of the Lord Jesus we can drink from the fountain that never runs dry.

His Spirit (aka the Holy Ghost) -- the well of water that quickens us, springing our very being into everlasting life. Praise Jesus today for His amazing love and grace. 

Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment