Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Jesus Willingly Shed His Blood For You and I - Part 649

"I, even I, am the Lord and beside me there is no Saviour," (Isaiah 43:11)

Our Lord God and Saviour not only created us but He has also redeemed us. Indeed, He calls us by our name. The prophet Isaiah wrote, "When thou passes through the waters, I will be with thee. and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walk through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon you. For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour." (Isaiah 43:1-3)

Why would Almighty God -- the King of kings and Lord of lords - become our Saviour? Because we are precious in His sight. Because the same God who created us in the beginning loves us so much that He would willingly shed His precious holy blood on the cross of Calvary.  

Indeed, as the scriptures record, "Even every one that is called by My name: for I have created him for My glory, I have formed him: yea, I have made him." (Isaiah 43:1-11) Ye are My witnesses, saith the Lord, and My servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe Me and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after Me."

"I even I, am the Lord and beside Me there is no Saviour." Jesus is Almighty God in the flesh. In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father) full of grace and truth. (John 1:1-14)

The same heavenly Father who said "I am the Lord, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King" under the old covenant became as one of us in the new covenant. He did not send another. God came Himself so that we -- you and I -- could experience His abundance. His love. His grace and mercy. His truth. 

"For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him." (John 1:18) 

John 3:16 states, "For God so loved the world." He so loved you and I that He would willingly give His only begotten -- God in the flesh -- both human and divine -- so that you and I would experience the life that was intended from the beginning. "That whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:15)

Before the foundation of the world was even formed, the plan of salvation was decided. Jesus said, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, "He that believes on Me shall have everlasting life. I am that bread of life. Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness and are dead. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof and not die. I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If any man eat of this bread, he shall live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.""

Believe that Jesus is He who gave His flesh on the cross. The sign mockingly said, King of the Jews. But now the mystery has been revealed to one and all. Jesus is not only King of the Jews but the King of kings for each and every one of us who ask Him into their hearts today.

Be encouraged to continue in His Word. Become His disciples. "Know the truth and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:31-32) Free as sons and daughters of the Most High King -- our Lord God and Saviour Jesus.

It is because of His love that there is no other name under heaven whereby you and I can be saved. Believe on Jesus today. Seek His peace and joy that passes all understanding. Trust in His goodness. Stand on His promises. Because there is one truth that stands forever. Our Lord God and Saviour Jesus Christ will never leave you, nor forsake you. Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment