Saturday, February 16, 2013

Jesus Will Not Leave Us Comfortless - Part 639

"And whatsoever you shall ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name I will do it." (John 14:14)

As we have learned from the gospels, Jesus had already performed numerous miracles among the people. He had healed those who were full of sickness and disease. He fed those who hungered and gave living water to those who thirst. He gave hope to the poor and peace to those who had been hurt. Indeed, Jesus even raised people from the dead. Throughout, Jesus demonstrated His ultimate power over those in authority positions. He countered deceitful questions with wisdom. He comforted ordinary people with His words. He forgave sinners of their transgressions.

Jesus said in John chapter fourteen, "Let not your heart be troubled. Ye believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions. If it were not so, I would have told you. I go [now] to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself, that where I am there you may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know." (John 14:1-4)

Unfortunately, Thomas wasn't as convinced. He didn't know where Jesus was going and clearly wasn't so happy about the prospect. So Thomas asked Jesus, "Lord, we know not whither Thou goest ... how can we know the way?"

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life; no man cometh unto the Father but by Me. If ye had known Me, ye should have known My Father also; and from henceforth ye know Him and have seen Him."

Upon hearing Jesus' response, Phillip then asked, "Lord, show us the Father and it sufficeth us." Jesus said unto Phillip, "Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known Me, Phillip? He that hath seen Me hath seen the Father. How sayest thou then, "Show us the Father?" Believest thou not that I am in the Father and the Father in Me? The words that I speak unto you I speak not of Myself but the Father that dwelleth in Me, He doeth the works."

And then Jesus said, "Believe Me that I AM in the Father and the Father in Me: or else believe Me for the very works' sake. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believes on Me the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do, because I go unto My Father."

And I will pray the Father and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you forever. Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive because it sees Him not, neither knoweth Him but you know Him for He dwelleth with you and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless; I will come to you." (John 14:21)

Read that again. Jesus told the disciples that the Comforter already dwelleth with them and shall be in you. "I will not leave you comfortless. I will come to you." So that whatsoever we ask in the name of Jesus, He will do it.

This is why Jesus said, "If a man love me, he will keep My words: and My Father will love him, and We will come unto him, and make our abode with him." The Comforter who gives us wisdom and understanding so that we may know Him that is true, even in His Son Jesus Christ -- this is the true God and eternal life. (I John 5:20)

If you haven't yet asked Jesus into your heart, do so today. Jesus never fails. He will give you joy unspeakable. Why? Because Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. He is still healing the sick and casting out demons. Jesus still offers hope to the poor and food to those who hunger. His blessings are promised to those who seek after Jesus. Therefore, drink of Jesus' living water and never thirst again. Rejoice in His peace, seeking the heavenly Father who loved you from the beginning. Loved you enough to become flesh and shed His precious blood on the cross for you. The Almighty who calls us "Beloved." The Alpha and Omega. This is the true God. His name is Jesus. Stand in the offering plate.



No comments:

Post a Comment