Monday, November 26, 2012

We Who Dwelleth in the Secret Place - Part 577


He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Not only will He be my refuge but my fortress too. My Lord God and Saviour -- in Him will I trust -- completely because Jesus never fails. If one needs an analogy to explain how good our Lord Jesus is, keep on reading. 

He delivers me from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. It is He that covers me with His feathers, and under His wings shall I trust. His truth is my shield. I will not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day. Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. 

In the secret place of the most High, I can trust that a thousand shall fall at my side, and ten thousand at my right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. Why? Because I have made the Lord Jesus, who is my refuge, even the most High, my habitation. I have asked Jesus to come into my heart. Indeed, Jesus is my everything. There is nothing that I can do, nor is there any place that I can go that Jesus doesn't already know my needs.

And, as a consequence, no evil shall befall me. Neither shall any plague come near thy dwelling. For He has given his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

Because He -- our Lord God and Saviour -- the Most High -- hath set His precious love upon me. Psalms 91 states: "Therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.With long life will I satisfy him, and show him my salvation."

Take time today to dwell in the secret place of Jesus. Be renewed in His strength and peace that passes all understanding. Stand in the offering plate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment