Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thy Word Have I Hid in my Heart - Part 505

Thy Word have I hid in my heart. In my heart will I cherish all scripture that is given by the inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. (II Timothy 3:16-17) This is why we read the gospel and preach the Word as it is written. 
John 17:20-23 in the King James version caught my attention this evening. I copied these scriptures for your enjoyment and edification. 
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me
At the end of the day, the Bible states: "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of truth, but continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them." (II Timothy 2:15) 


The book of Timothy -- both I and II -- are full of wonderful passages to help you face the storms of life. Read the Word. Study to show yourself approved unto God. And then stand in the offering plate. Offer yourself to Jesus! Why? Because Jesus never fails!


No comments:

Post a Comment