Thursday, September 20, 2012

If Not Jesus --- Then Who? Part 514

The Lord is my light and my salvation. How many times did our God and Saviour say in the scriptures " I even I am the Lord, and beside me there is no Saviour, and thou shalt know no God but me, for there is no Saviour besides me. Even Mary, the mother of Jesus said. "My spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour."

Indeed, it is according to His grace made manifest by the appearing of our Lord and Saviour Jesus the Christ that we have can trust in the living God --- the same God who created us --- who became our Saviour on the cross.

By me kings reign and princes decree justice; I [wisdom] lead in the midst of the paths of judgement: I was set up from everlasting. In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. All things, according to John 1, were made by Him and without Him was not anything made that was made. For by Him were all things created that are in heaven and in earth. He is before all things and by Him all things consist.

Upholding all things that exist by the Word of His power. Walking with us each day hand in hand by the Word of His power. Knowing who touched Him -- like the woman who was sick in Luke 8 - even in the midst of pressing crowds. Further, He is not a god of the dead but rather, the God of the living. The same God who knew from the beginning that He would have to become flesh and dwell among us so that we could find salvation.

In other words, Jesus is the unseen God manifest in the flesh. Not another person as some might have us believe. Jesus human and divine -- God and man. Two natures -- a human nature and a divine nature. Jesus spoke as man but He also spoke as God. While on earth, Jesus performed/completed the works of  man but also performed/completed the work of God. "It is finished," said Jesus on the cross. The Father in a Son's body shed His humanity because He loved us so much.

"And some of the scribes answered, Teacher, you have spoken well ... But He said to them, "How can they say that the Christ is David's son? For David himself says in the Book of Psalms, The Lord said to my Lord, Sit at my right hand till I make thy enemies a stool for thy feet. David thus calls Him Lord; so how is He his son? And in the hearing of all the people, He [Jesus] said to His disciples, "Beware of the scribes, who like to go about in long robes, and love salutations in the market places and the best seats in the synagogues and the places of honour at feasts, who devour widows' houses and for a pretence make long prayers. They will receive the greatest condemnation." (Luke 20:38-47)

The scriptures here continue into Luke chapter 21 where Jesus notices the offering of the poor widow. He said, "Truly, I tell you this poor widow has put in more than all of them [the rich people] for they contributed out of their abundance but she out of her poverty put in all the living that she had.

Jesus wants us to stand in the offering plate today and give Him all of us. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. Let Him -- our Lord God and Saviour Jesus -- lead your steps today!


No comments:

Post a Comment