Saturday, February 10, 2018

Be Strong And Of A Good Courage; Fear Not, Nor Be Afraid Of Them: For The Lord thy God He It Is That Doth Go With Thee; He Will Not Fail Thee, Nor Forsake Thee - Part 1967

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have; for He hath said, "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." So that we may boldly say, "The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me." (Hebrews 13:5-6; Deuteronomy 31:6, 8; Joshua 1:5)

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord and to enquire in His temple. For in the time of trouble, He shall hide me in His pavilion: in the secret of His tabernacle shall He hide me; He shall set me up upon a Rock." (Psalm 27:1

"The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? The Lord takes my part with the that help me; therefore, shall I see my desire upon them that hate me." (Psalm 118:6)

As the psalmist David points out, it is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. Further, it is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in princes. Because when all the nations compass about us, in the Name of the Lord will they be destroyed. This is not just stated once, but David states this same message again. They compassed [surrounded] me about; yea, they compassed me about: but in the Name of the Lord I will destroy them.

"They compassed me about like bees; they are quenched as the fire of thorns; for in the Name of the Lord I will destroy them. Thou hast trust sore at me that I might fall: but the Lord helped me. The Lord is my strength and song, and is become my salvation. The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tabernacles [tents] of the righteous; the right hand of the Lord doeth valiantly. The right hand of the Lord is exalted; the right hand of the Lord doeth valiantly. I shall not die but live, and declare the works of the Lord." (Psalm 118:6-17; Psalm 56:9; Psalm 54:4; Psalm 59:10; Psalm 40:4; Psalm 146:3; Isaiah 12:2; Psalm 73:28)

And who is the Lord? The stone which the builders refused is become the headstone of the corner, and it is the Lord's doing (not ours) and it should be marvellous in our eyes. Who is the Lord? As David so aptly points out, "God is the Lord ... Thou art my God and I will praise Thee; Thou art my God, I will exalt the." (Psalm 117:27-28)

Yes, indeed, this is the day which the Lord hath made; rejoice and be glad in it because blessed be He that comes in the Name of the Lord! In this current dispensation of grace, wherein we are alive, His Name is JESUS, for He shall save His people from their sins. It is He who hears your supplications. This is why we seek Him with the whole heart and walk in His ways, and are not ashamed.

Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment