Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Who Is This King of Glory? The Lord of Hosts -- He Is the King of Glory! - Part 1682

"Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies. Thou anointest my head with oil. My Cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever ..." (Psalm 12:5-6)

Indeed, the Lord is my Shepherd! Many of us have heard Psalm 23 read in some context. When we continue on, we learn that the earth is the Lord's. But not just the earth but the fullness thereof -- the world -- and as well, all they who dwell therein. "For He hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods. Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in His holy place?" (Psalm 24:1-3)

The psalmist David soon asks --"Who is this King of glory?" In the same scripture, the answer is given. "The Lord of hosts -- He is the King of glory!" (Psalm 24:10) The same Lord who came forth as a mighty man. (Isaiah 42:13)

It is herein, when we truly understand "who is this King of glory" that our souls should melt in absolute adoration, and thankfulness for He Himself paid the price on the cross for you and I. This same Lord from heaven willingly became the second Adam for you and I. He who made the heavens and the earth left His throne and became flesh (as we are and yet without sin) so that we might be redeemed.

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." (I Corinthians 15:22) "He was in the world and the world was made by Him and the world knew Him not. He came unto His own and His own received Him not." (John 1:10-11)

This is why unto Thee, O Lord, we lift up our soul. This is why we trust in Thee and are not ashamed. And this is why our heart's cry is to "Shew me Thy paths, O Lord, teach me Thy paths. Lead me in Thy truth, and teach me; for Thou art the God of my salvation; on Thee do I wait all the day. Remember, O Lord, thy tender mercies, and Thy loving kindness, for they have been ever of old. Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions; according to Thy mercy remember Thou me for Thy goodness sake, O Lord." (Psalms 25:1-7)

Make the Lord your Rock of salvation today. His Name is JESUS, for He shall save His people from their sins. JESUS -- Immanuel, being interpreted, God with us. Yes, this same JESUS whom ye/we have crucified in our hearts is both Lord and Christ, and He is calling us into His fold today. JESUS -- the Way, the Truth, and the Life. (John 14:6)

There is only one entry point into the kingdom of God. His Name is JESUS for He is the King of kings and Lord of lords, Alpha and Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the ending. (Revelation 1:8, 11)

Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment