Tuesday, November 18, 2014

But The Word of God Grew And Multiplied - Part 1012

I read a news article today that stated the pope was seeking answers to a question from a well-known television evangelist. Think about this for a moment. The declared head of the Roman Catholic church is looking to another man for answers to his question -- rather than seeking the truth through the good news gospel of Jesus Christ. His Word. His teachings. His direction in all things spiritual that is so clearly evident to those who seek Jesus with all their heart, soul, mind and strength. It is He -- Jesus, who willingly in these last days wants to pour out His Spirit upon all flesh. (Acts 1-2)

Indeed, Jesus is very clear on this point, “Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS; and ALL THESE THINGS shall be added unto you.” (Matthew 6:33)

Moreover, Jesus told us that when the Spirit of truth is come, He will guide us into all truth.  

"Howbeit, when He the Spirit of truth is come, He will guide you into all truth -- for He shall not speak of Himself but whatsoever He shall hear shall He speak, and He will show you things to come. He that glorify Me, for He shall receive of Mine, and shall show unto you all things that the Father hath are Mine. Therefore, said I, that He shall take of Mine and show unto you. A little while and ye shall not see Me; and again, a little while and ye shall see Me, because I go to the Father." (John 16:13-16)

And likewise, Jesus said, "But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you -- not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. Ye ave heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If ye loved Me, ye would rejoice because I said, "I go unto the Father for My Father is greater than I." And now I have told you before it come to pass, that when it is come to pass, ye might believe." (John 14:26-29)

And again, "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth which proceedeth from the Father, He shall testify of Me, and ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with Me from the beginning." (John 15:26-27)

And yet again, "And behold, I send the promise of My Father upon you; but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem unto ye be endued with power from on high." (Luke 24:49) 

All of these scriptures confirm the old testament prophecy from Joel 2:28 which states: "And it shall come to pass afterward, I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions, and also upon the servants and upon the handmaidens in those days will I pour out My Spirit." (Joel 2:28-29)

This same message was delivered by Peter, standing with the eleven in the new testament. So much so, that when these were pricked in their heart, they said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, "Men and brethren, what shall we do?" (Acts 2:37)

Then Peter said unto them, "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost ... for the promise is unto you and to your children and to all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God shall call." (Acts 2:38)
This is why we -- as believers -- do not need to seek the counsel of other men for our spiritual growth. Rather, we need to believe in our Lord God and Saviour who said -- "I am the Lord your God and none else, and My people shall never be ashamed." ,(Joel 2:27)

Therefore, in all things in word or deed, do all in the name of Jesus. (Colossians 3:17) And most of all, don't take your counsel from other men and/or the religious culture of this day -- who only desire to tickle your ears. (II Timothy 4:1-4)  Instead, "study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of truth." (II Timothy 2:15)

In so doing, remember the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man. "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Ghost, which He shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour -- that being justified by His grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life." (Titus 3:4-7) 

Stand in the offering plate with our Lord God and Saviour Jesus the Christ today.

No comments:

Post a Comment