Saturday, February 15, 2014

Let Your Soul Delight - Part 823

Sometimes, we just need a pick me up! To that end, seeking Jesus -- the Word -- in everything that we do in word or deed, is certainly worth taking hold of. The Bible tells us to "be not conformed to this world, but [to] be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God." (Romans 12:2) Be richly blessed as you read other verses that will edify your soul ...

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)

"Ho, every one that thirsts, come ye to the waters and he that hath no money, come ye buy, and eat, yea , come buy wine and milk without money and without price. Wherefore do you spend money for that which is not bread? And your labour for that which satisfies not? Hearken diligently unto Me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness. Incline your ear, and come unto Me; hear, and your soul shall live and I will make you an everlasting covenant with you … seek ye the Lord while He may be found, call ye upon Him while He is near …” (Isaiah 55:1-11)

The Lord is my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, I will be confident. One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after – that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord and to enquire in His temple.” (Psalm 27:1-4)

“But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow; for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof …” (Matthew 6:33-34)

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ; for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes; to the Jew first and also to the Greek, for therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith, as it is written: “The just shall live by faith.” … Because that which may be known of God may be manifest in them for God hath showed it unto them. For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse – because that, when they knew God, they glorified Him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations and their foolish heart was darkened; professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.” (Romans 1:16-20).

No comments:

Post a Comment