Wednesday, March 20, 2013

In Jesus, We Become A New Creature - Part 666

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths." (Proverbs 3:5) When we ask Jesus into our heart and believe on Him, we become new creatures -- the sons and daughters of the Most High King -- renewed in knowledge and wisdom after the image of Him that created us. Therefore, whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Further, let the Word of Christ -- Jesus -- dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. Rejoice in His love and peace that passes all understanding. 

Share the greatest love story ever told. As Mary the mother of Jesus did when she proclaimed, "My soul doth magnify the Lord and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour." (Luke 1:46-47) Or when Thomas did when he finally realized who Jesus was and said, "My Lord and my God." (John 20:28)

David the psalmist wrote, "The glory of the Lord shall endure forever. The Lord shall rejoice in His works. He looks at the earth and it trembles. He touches the hills and they smoke. I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live. I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. My meditation of Him shall be sweet. I will be glad in the Lord." (Psalm 104:31-34)

Therefore, as the elect of God -- holy and beloved for the King of Kings and Lord of lords -- put on the bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, long suffering; forbearing one another, and forgiving one another. As Jesus Christ forgave you. And above all these things put on charity/love, which is the bond of perfectness. (Colossians 3:10-17)

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body. The body of Christ where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free. Where Jesus is the head of the body -- the church -- who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He might have the preeminence. (Colossians 1:18) Indeed, our Lord God and Saviour -- God in the flesh -- the Christ that IS all, and IN all. One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism. Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment