Saturday, March 16, 2013

God Inhabits the Praises of His People - Part 661

God inhabits the praises of His people. He marvels at our faith. So much so that when He gave His Word -- His only begotten -- Jesus -- to redeem us and save us from our transgressions, His desire was to also give us the Kingdom -- His Kingdom here on earth. "Thy Kingdom come -- Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven." (Matthew 6:10) 

This same Jesus -- who forgives and justifies us of all our sins -- past, present and future -- through the blood He shed on the cross -- also willingly redeemed our life from the pit. Indeed, when we ask our Lord God and Saviour into our lives, He immediately delivers us from the sting of death.  He saves our feet from stumbling -- so that we may walk before our Almighty God in the light of life. (Psalm 56:13) 

How does this happen, one asks. The scriptures explain that our Saviour redeems His people from their sin and heals them of disease when His people -- you and I -- are willing to cry to the Lord in our time of trouble. When we believe that the same God who created us was bruised for our iniquities, then does He save us from our distress. Then will He crown us with His love and compassion. For it was He who was wounded for our transgressions. The chastisement of our peace was upon Him and with His stripes we are healed. 

Unfortunately, however, we are often like "newborn babies" in our walk with the Lord. We understand that we have been saved as a consequence of Jesus' precious blood shed on the cross. But our downfall is that this is where we tend to stay -- giving God a little bit of our lives here and there. And then we wonder -- sometimes aloud -- why we become sick and weak in our bodies.

There is an answer. In fact, the Bible encourages us to "crave pure spiritual milk so that by it you may grow up in your salvation." (I Peter 2:2) In other words, we need to crave the Word. The Word -- Jesus -- our Lord God and Saviour. Almighty God in the flesh. (John 1:1-18. I John 5:7)  So that when the Comforter comes -- the Spirit of Truth -- He can guide us into all truth. 

Jesus said, "And when He [the Comforter] is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgement. Of sin, because they believe not on me [Jesus]. Of righteousness, because I go to my Father and ye see me no more. Of judgement, because the prince of this world is judged." (John 16:7-12)

Jesus said, "In that day, ye shall ask Me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in My name, He will give it you, Hitherto have you asked nothing in my name. Ask and ye shall receive that your joy may be full." 

These things, Jesus continued, "have I spoken unto you in proverbs. But the time comes when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs. [Rather] I shall show you plainly of the Father. At that day, ye shall ask in My name and I say not unto you that I will pray the Father for you. For the Father Himself loves you because you have loved Me and have believed that I -- [Jesus] -- came out from God. I came forth from the Father and am come into the world -- again, I leave the world and go to the Father." (John 16:23-28)

Therefore, believe on His promises contained within the Word. Jesus never fails. Indeed, the Word of the Lord endures for ever. And this is the Word which by the gospel is preached unto you. (I Peter 1:25) Jesus is the Word. For there are three that bear witness in earth -- the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost -- and these three ARE one. (I John 5:7)

For this cause also thank we God without ceasing because when you receive the Word of God -- Jesus -- which you heard of us, you received it not as the word of men but as it is in truth -- the Word of God which effectually works also in you that believe. (I Thessalonians 2:13) Praise our Lord God and Saviour Jesus today. Trust in Him -- the Word. Stand in the offering plate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment