Saturday, January 19, 2013

Jesus Raised Up a Horn for My Salvation - Part 616

When our Lord God and Saviour -- the Messiah -- visited us, He raised up a horn of salvation. Indeed, "The Lord is my rock and my fortress, and my deliverer. The God of my rock; in Him will I trust. He is my shield,, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower and my refuge, my Saviour; thou savest me from violence. I will call on the Lord, who is worthy to be praised. So shall I be saved from mine enemies. (II Samuel 22:1-4)

Psalms 18:2 cites a similar scripture, stating, "The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer. My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."

Certainly, throughout the Old Testament scriptures, prophesies repeatedly foretell of the coming Messiah. We can also take hold of the fact that Jesus was the only begotten child of God. (John 3:16) Similarly, as it is written, we learn that He is the Seed of the Holy Spirit. Indeed, in the veins of Jesus did flow the very life and the humanity of God. Therefore, the blood in Jesus' veins was not like our blood. Why? Because in our blood flows the sinful nature acquired from our forefather Adam in the Garden of Eden.

However, as we recall from the book of Genesis, Adam and Eve were disobedient to the words of their Father who created them. Their initial desire to forever commune with the Lord had changed. As a consequence, we are all now born with a prone to sin nature, which no man of himself or herself can rectify. The Bible states that all men have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. There are none righteous, no, not one.

Therefore, in order to obtain the gift of salvation, we must recognize that Jesus was not the natural seed of Abraham. Rather, Jesus was -- and indeed is -- the promised Seed of the Holy Spirit.  God in the flesh. In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. And the Word became flesh. (John 1:1-14) Jesus came forth from Mary in whose womb the promised Seed of the Holy Spirit was clothed in sin prone flesh. 

In other words, Mary became a willing surrogate (as pertaining to the flesh) but He who was inside that veil of flesh was none other than the Seed life of the Holy Spirit. Mary was blessed because she believed in the promised Seed of the Holy Spirit. She herself rejoiced to be the handmaiden of the Lord, sharing with everyone that the Lord her God had become Her Saviour. God our Creator was willing to take on the form of man so that we might have salvation.

This is not to suggest that Abraham believed God any less. Certainly that belief was accredited to him as if he were righteous. But of course he was not, for he also lived in a prone to sin natural body. Rather, it was the application of faith that brought upon him unforeseen blessings. God told Abraham that in his Seed would all the nations of the earth be blessed. We are not speaking here of Abraham‘s natural seed. In fact, most of Abraham’s natural seed even today do not believe in the promised Seed of the pure, holy, undefiled Seed of the Holy Spirit, which Seed is Jesus the Christ. 

Still, this is why the door into God’s kingdom is through faith in the Seed of promise Jesus the Christ. It is also why new believers willingly acknowledge that God Himself laid down His life as a Son for each and every one of us. That He alone offers eternal life as a free gift. That by grace are we saved through faith. Stand in the offering plate

No comments:

Post a Comment