Thursday, July 12, 2012

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD - PART 464

"The Bible says" and this fact in and of itself should suffice. Who are we that we believe we have a right to question the authenticity of the Word? In the beginning was the Word and the Word was God. And this same Word became flesh and dwelt among us. How many times have we listened to a message being delivered where a distinction is made between God and Jesus? And often, it leaves the listener confused. And yet the scriptures are clear. There is only one God. That's right - one God - and His name is Jesus.

The God who loved us so much in the beginning that He created a Garden of Eden for men and women also knew that He would eventually become flesh and hang on the cross of Calvary so that we might have salvation and life abundant. This is why the apostles encouraged us to read the scriptures and discern for ourselves what is right. So that we would understand just how much our Creator loved us and that in that beloved love, He would take it upon Himself to become as one of us. What do the scriptures say? He was among them and they knew Him not! And yet this same God knows the very feelings of our heart. Our very thoughts.

This is the Amazing Grace that we sing about. Amazing Grace by poet and clergyman John Newton in 1779 is still one of the most recognizable songs in our world today. It serves as a reminder that the same salvation message -- the gospel message taught by the apostles -- that was prevalent in early centuries is equally relevant for us today. Stand in the offering plate. Offer Jesus all of you so that you too can live life abundantly in His saving grace!



Amazing grace! (how sweet the sound)

That sav'd a wretch like me!

I once was lost, but now am found,

Was blind, but now I see.




'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,

And grace my fears reliev'd;

How precious did that grace appear

The hour I first believ'd!




Thro' many dangers, toils, and snares,

I have already come;

'Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,

And grace will lead me home.




The Lord has promis'd good to me,

His word my hope secures;

He will my shield and portion be

As long as life endures.




Yes, when this flesh and heart shall fail,

And mortal life shall cease;

I shall possess, within the veil,

A life of joy and peace.




The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,

The sun forbear to shine;

But God, who call'd me here below,

Will be forever mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment