Wednesday, November 1, 2017

For This Is My Covenant Unto Them When I Shall Take Away Their Sins - Part 1862

"For this is My covenant unto them when I shall take away their sins." (Romans 11:27; Isaiah 27:9)

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory." (I Timothy 3:16)
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6)

The Lord came forth as a mighty man. (Isaiah 42:13)

"I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside Me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known Me: that they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside Me. I am the Lord, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the Lord have created it. Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to Him that fashions it, "What makest Thou? or Thy work, He hath no hands?" Woe unto him that saith unto his Father, "What begettest Thou?" or to the woman, "What hast Thou brought forth?"

Thus saith the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, and His Maker, "Ask Me of things to come concerning My sons, and concerning the work of My hands command ye Me. I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even My hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded. I have raised Him up in righteousness, and I will direct all His ways: He shall build My city, and He shall let go My captives, not for price nor reward," saith the Lord of hosts." (Isaiah 45:5-13)
Because of the love and mercy of God our Saviour toward man, He willingly appeared, taking away the sins of the world. (Matthew 1:21-23; Luke 1:35; Titus 3:4-7) The mystery -- the mystery of godliness that was held in the bosom of the Father from the beginning of the world-- so that we as believers in Jesus by faith, are not ignorant of the truth. And, similarly, "lest ye should be[come] wise in your own conceits." (I Timothy 3:16; Isaiah 9:6; Romans 11:25)

Yes, Jesus was the perfect sacrifice, and He shed His precious holy blood on the cross so that you and I could have salvation in Him. God manifest in the flesh and dwelt among us, so that we could and would behold His glory. (I Timothy 3:16; John 1:1-18; Isaiah 9:6) And after He was taken up, He [Jesus] THROUGH the Holy Ghost gave commandments unto the apostles whom He had chosen. (Acts 1:2-3) The Comforter, the Spirit of truth whom the world cannot receive (because it sees Him not, neither knows Him) which is the Holy Ghost (as Jesus told His disciples) who would lead and guide us into all truth. (John 14:26)

Jesus said, "But [this comes to pass] that this Word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, "they hated Me without a cause." But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceeds from the Father, He shall testify of Me; and ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with Me from the beginning. These thing has I spoken unto you that ye should not be offended. " (John 15:26-27; John 16:1)

The first Adam, earthy, but the second Adam, the Lord from heaven. The son of man still the Lord of the Sabbath. The same Spirit of the Lord that moved upon the face of the waters in the very beginning, robed Himself in flesh, so that after His kindness and love, we could have salvation, when our hearts turn to Him as our Lord God and Saviour. (John 1:1-18; John 10:30; John 14:6-12)

Jesus said, "And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you forever; [even] the Spirit of truth: whom the world cannot receive, because it sees Him not, neither knows Him, but ye know him; for He dwells with you and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Yet a little while, and the world sees Me no more, but ye see Me, because I live, ye shall live also. At that day, ye shall know that I am in My Father, and ye in Me, and I in you. He that hath My commandments and keep them, he it is that loves Me, and he that loves Me shall be loved of My Father, and I will love Him, and will manifest Myself to Him." (John 14:16-21; I John 2:5; John 10:30-36; John 14:6-12; John 1:1-18; John 16:16, 22; I Corinthians 15:20; I Corinthians 2:14)

Through the perfect sacrifice on the cross, wherein Jesus paid the price for our sins once and for all with the shedding of His precious holy blood, we are without excuse. We can no longer claim to have a cloak for our sins. (John 15:22) We can no longer use our own self-righteousness as a garment of protection, because regardless of whether we admit it or not, we all have knowledge of the Lamb of God, who gave His own humanity for the sins of the world. The vail was torn from heaven to earth.

Thus, when we come to the understanding of the greatest love story ever told, that God Himself loved us so much that He would come Himself to redeem His people from this world, we can have abundant life in Him.

This is why Jesus said, "If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both Me and My Father."

Therefore, we are not of this world, because Jesus has chosen us out of the world. He has sanctified us by His Word. He has redeemed us through His precious blood. And now, we can be confident in the salvation because the Spirit of truth is come, and He will guide us into all truth.

Stand in the offering plate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment