Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Jesus said, "And Ye Will Not Come To Me, That Ye Might Have Life … I Am Come In My Father’s Name!" - Part 1489

Who Art Thou, Lord?

This question was often asked of Jesus. One particular example stands out. Jesus was speaking in the treasury as He taught in the temple. Up until now, no man had laid hands upon Him because His hour had not yet come. The Pharisees had accused Jesus, saying that His record was not true. Jesus answered them and said, “Though I bear record of Myself, yet My record is true, for I know whence I came, and whither I go, but ye cannot tell whence I come and whither I go.” (John 8:12-14)

Remember, that Jesus had already spoke against the scribes and Pharisees when they wanted to convict the woman caught in adultery. Then, Jesus clarified His identity to them. He said, “I am the Light of the world. He that follows Me shall not walk in darkness but shall have the Light of life.” (John 8:12)

Jesus continued to state His position. “Ye judge after the flesh. I judge no man. And yet, if I judge, My judgement is true. For I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent Me. It is also written in your law that the testimony of two men is true. I am One that bears witness of Myself, and the Father that sent Me bears witness of Me.

But this response was not sufficient for those in positions of authority, because they went on to ask, “Where is Thy Father?” Jesus answered and said unto them, “Ye neither know Me nor My Father. If ye had known Me, ye should have known My Father also.” (John 8:16-20)

Interesting response. “If ye had known Me, ye should have known My Father also.” (John 8:19) In other words, as Jesus later reveals, “I and My Father are One.” (John 10:30)

We see this same revelation unfolding throughout the gospel of John. The mystery that was hid in the bosom of the Father until this time. That is, the Lord coming forth as a mighty man. (Isaiah 42:13; Isaiah 9:6) God manifest in the flesh. (I Timothy 3:16) After His love and kindness, God became our Saviour. (Titus 3:4-7) “He was in the world and the world was made by Him and the world knew Him not. He came unto His own and His own received Him not.” (John 1:10-11)

So, in response to the question “who art Thou, Lord?” we find that Jesus had lots to say. First, we know that all things were made by Him and without Him was not anything made that was made. (John 1:4)

We know that this same Word that was in the beginning with God and was God was made flesh and dwelt among us and we beheld His glory – the glory of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:1-4, 14, 17) This is why we must believe in His Name – the precious Name of Jesus – for He alone shall save us from our sins. Emmanuel, meaning “God with us.” (Matthew 1:21-23)

“For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world but that the world through Him might be saved. He that believes on Him is not condemned, but he that believes not is condemned already because he hath not believed in the “Name” of the only begotten Son of God.” (John 3:17)

Sadly, this is the juncture wherein the religious culture is responsible for creating confusion, and as a consequence misleading the masses concerning the Godhead. These preach another gospel. Nevertheless, the scriptures do not lie. God is not the Author of confusion.

God robed Himself in human flesh, and entered this world as a Son or lowly servant (as some newer translations of the Bible allude). Still, while in the world dwelling among us, He presented His new Name for this new dispensation of grace – so that all the world could know from whence comes their salvation. In essence, our salvation depends on what we do with Jesus. But instead of understanding that God has always provided His chosen people with a special Name (for their comfort, deliverance and guidance) the modern day religious culture has made Jesus a separate person from the Father. But when we search the scriptures, we begin to see that the teachings and traditions of men err, and there is no scriptural foundation for what these believe. I digress.

John writes, “He that believes not is condemned already because He hath not believed in the Name of the only begotten Son of God.” The Name of Jesus. This is why there is no other Name whereby we must be saved. (Acts 4:12) This is why the apostles were ordered not to preach or teach in the Name of Jesus. This is why on the day of Pentecost, the first 3,000 souls saved in the new testament church were water baptized in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. (Acts 2:36-38; Galatians 5:1; Acts 10:40-44; Romans 6:3-4; I Peter 3:21-23)

Because within that Name and through His Name – the Name of Jesus – we become clothed in His righteousness and love and mercy and grace when we accept what He did on the cross.

Jesus told the authorities, “If ye do not believe that I am He, ye shall die in your sins.” He did not hide the fact either when Jesus said, “I and My Father are ONE.” (John 10:30)

Jesus said, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. For as the Father hath life in Himself; so hath He given to the Son to have life in Himself, and hath given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of man.

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear His voice, and shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

I can of Mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and My judgment is just; because I seek not Mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent Me. If I bear witness of Myself, My witness is not true. There is that bear witness of Me; and I know that the witness which He witnesses of Me is true.

Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth. But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved. He [John] was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light. But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given Me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of Me, that the Father hath sent Me. And the Father Himself, which hath sent Me, hath borne witness of Me. Ye have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His shape [or form].

And ye have not His Word abiding in you: for whom He hath sent, Him ye believe not. Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of Me. And ye will not come to Me, that ye might have life … I am come in My Father’s Name!” (John 5:25-47)

Jesus said, “He that believes on Me hath everlasting life.” (John 6:47) Jesus said, “I am the bread of life.” (John 6:35) Jesus said, “I am that bread which came down from heaven.” (John 6:48) Jesus said, “For the bread of God is He which cometh down from heaven and giveth light unto the world.” (John 6:33)

As we see from the scriptures, many came to believe on Jesus and said, “When Christ comes, will He do more miracles than these which this [man] hath done?” (John 7:31)

This is why Jesus refers to the Pharisees own law when making a point, so that those who were blind could now see, and those without ears to hear could now hear. That the Lord Himself bare witness of Himself, but should these need another witness, the Father which is in heaven beareth witness of Jesus also. (John 8:14-18)

Continuing, Jesus again said, “As long as I am in the world, I am the Light of the world.” (John 9:5)

The “voice” that some heard at different intervals within Jesus’ ministry – “This voice came not because of Me, but for your sakes … and I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all [men] unto Me.” (John 12:30-32, 35)

And yet again, Jesus said, “He that believeth on Me believes not on Me but on Him that sent Me. And He that sees Me, sees Him that sent Me. I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believes on Me believes not on Me should not abide in darkness. And if any man hear My words and believe not, I judge him not for I came not to judge the world but to save the world. He that rejects Me and receives not My words hath one that judges him – the Word that I have spoken – the same shall judge Him in the last day.” (John 11:44-48)

Who was the Word? In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God … and the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us.” (John 1:1-18)

Not another but the same Lord God who made us in the beginning loved us enough to shed His own holy blood on the cross so that you and I might have life in His goodness and grace. This is why Jesus could say, “I am the Way, the Truth and the Life” because if you deny what He who knew no sin did on the cross, you reject the same heavenly Father who made men and women in the beginning.

It is for this reason that Jesus truly is the greatest love story ever told.

Because as Jesus said, “If ye had known Me, ye should have known My Father also, and from henceforth ye know Him and have seen Him.” (John 14:6-23)

So when these same scribes and Pharisees put you out of the synagogues today, for sharing the good news gospel of our Lord God and Saviour Jesus the Christ – the doctrine of Christ -- know that (as Jesus said) they do these things “because they have not know the Father nor Me.” (John 16:3)

Jesus manifested Thy Name unto the men which Thou hast given and they have kept Thy Word … “and I have declared unto them Thy Name and will declare [it] that the love wherewith Thou hast loved Me may be in them and I in them.” (John 17:1-26)

The kingdom that the Lord God had determined to establish even before the world was formed has begun. The last days which we know as the dispensation of grace. When the vail was torn from top to bottom, and the perfect sacrifice paid by the One who knew no sin, it was not only finished, as Jesus said on the cross, “but now is My kingdom not from hence.” (John 18:36)

So, who art Thou, Lord? Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews. (John 19:18) Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ. (Romans 1:4-5) Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment