Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Father, Glorify Thy Name - Part 952

"Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment, because as He is, so are we in this world." (I John 4:17)

Sometimes, when I am reading His Word, I find a scripture and then follow the comparative scriptures to see where it leads. I only stop when I cannot take the thread any further. I thought I would do that today so that you can see how it is done.  I also find it edifying as well as a unique way to find treasures that I might not find otherwise.

In the KJV Bible I use, I have a middle column which shows a comparable verse that further expands the message therein. For example, if I go to II Corinthians 11:4, I can see the comparative verse is Galatians 1:6-8. And then Galatians 1:6-8, which in turn points to Galatians 1:15; 5:8. 10, 12, I Corinthians 16:22, and II Corinthians 2:17.

Today, we are using from I John 4:17 as the starting point.

"And now little children, abide in Him, that when He shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before Him at His coming. If you know that He is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of Him." (I John 2:28-29)

"If our heart condemn us not, have we confidence toward God. And whatsoever we ask, we receive of Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight." (I John 3:21-22)

"And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He heareth us, and if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him." (I John 5:14)

Jesus said, "When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself, but as My Father hath taught Me, I speak these things. And He that sent Me is with Me; the Father hath not left Me alone, for I do always those things that please Him ..." (John 8:28-29)

Jesus said, "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up." (John 3:21)

"The people answered Him, "We have heard out of the law that Christ abideth forever; and how sayest Thou, "The Son of man must be lifted up?" Who is this Son of man?" (John 12:34) Note the conversation that is happening before this question is asked. Herein, there were certain Greeks that had came up to worship at the feast but their desire was to see Jesus.

"And Jesus answered them, saying, "The hour is come that the Son of man should be glorified ..." (John 12:23-27) In verse 28, Jesus says, "Father, glorify Thy name." Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, "I have both glorified, and will glorify again." The people therefore that stood by and heard it, said that it thundered; others said, "An angel spake to Him"

What did Jesus say? "Jesus answered and said, "This voice came not because of Me but for your sakes. Now is the judgment of this world; now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto Me." This He said, signifying what death He should die." (John 8:28-33)

Jesus did not stop there. In response to the earlier question, Jesus said unto them, "Yet a little while is the Light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you; for he that walketh in darkness knows not where he goes. While ye have light, believe in the Light, that ye may be the children of Light. " (John 8:35-36)

If we return to John 1:1-18, we learn who was that Light. "There was a man sent from God whose name was John. The same came for a witness to bear witness of the Light, that all through Him might believe. He was NOT that Light, but sent to bear witness of that Light. That WAS the true Light which lighteth every man that comes into the world. He was in the world and the world made by Him and the world knew Him not. He came unto His own and His own received Him not. But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God -- to them that believe on His name." (John 1:6-12)

Jesus is His name. "Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment, because as He is, so are we in this world." (I John 4:17) Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment