Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Blessed Be The Lord God Of Israel For He Hath Visited And Redeemed His People - Part 2433

Jesus said, " ... [even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees Him not, neither knows Him: but ye know Him; for He dwells with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world sees Me no more; but ye see Me: because I live, ye shall live also.

At that day ye shall know that I [AM] in my Father, and ye in Me, and I in you; he that hath My commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves Me: and he that loves Me shall be loved of My Father, and I will love him, and will manifest Myself to him."

Judas saith unto Him, not Iscariot, "Lord, how is it that Thou wilt manifest Thyself unto us, and not unto the world?" Jesus answered and said unto him, "If a man love Me, he will keep My words: and My Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him ...he that loves Me not keeps not My sayings: and the word which ye hear is not Mine, but the Father’s which sent Me. These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you." (John 14:17-21)

Note that just prior to this dialogue, Jesus has just told Philip (and the other disciples) that if they have seen Him -- this same Jesus who spoke to them herein -- they have (now) both seen the Father and know Him. (John 14:6-12) To the others listening, Jesus reiterates that He is -- I AM -- the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and that no man can come unto the Father but by Me. (John 14:6) 

He does not stop here. In fact, Jesus provides further insight regarding the Comforter, the Holy Ghost, the Spirit of Truth and what happens when the Comforter comes into your life. Note that Jesus is not speaking about a third entity here because Jesus tells us that He will abide with you and I who believe in Him forever. This same Holy Ghost that the world cannot receive because the world sees Him not, and thus, neither (as the scripture states) do they know Him.

If Jesus had stopped the teaching/doctrine at this point, it may have left us with questions about whom we worship, particularly given that the first commandment in both the old and the new begins with the statement, "Hear O Israel, the Lord thy God is One Lord!" (Deuteronomy 6:4; Mark 12:29-31) It does not. Indeed, Jesus adds the "but" -- which stops us from erring from the truth.

That is, Jesus says, "... but ye know Him" - for He dwells with you and shall be in you. As Jesus then goes on to state, "I will not leave you comfortless. I will come to you!" 

And because we see Jesus, He has confirmed to us -- "Because I live, ye shall live also."

"At that day, ye shall know that I AM in My Father and ye in Me and I in you."

" ... he that hath My commandments and keeps them, he it is that loves Me." 

So much to learn here, but let this serve as a starting point to understanding Peter's message on the day of Pentecost. That is, this same Jesus whom ye have crucified is (now!) both Lord and Christ. And He -- Jesus -- through the Holy Ghost gave commandments unto the apostles whom He had chosen. (Acts 1:8) 

Stand in the offering plate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment