Sunday, October 23, 2016

Sing Unto Him A New Song, Becoming Partakers of Grace, Filled With the Fruits of Righteousness In Christ Jesus - Part 1513

“Thy Word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.” (Psalm 119:11)

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither [any thing] hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." (Luke 8:17) In other words, nothing shall be hid from those who love the Lord with all their heart, their soul, their mind, and their strength. (Mark 12:29-31; Deuteronomy 6:4)

Today, I happened upon Isaiah 42 wherein the Lord Jesus becomes the focus. But when one reads commentaries about this prophecy (in which the Lord is speaking through Isaiah), the content is mostly misunderstood. In part, this is because there is a huge misconception regarding the old covenant (Law) and the new testament (Grace). Others are not aware of the period of silence between the two time frames, and thus, don't understand that the Lord told His people that because of their desire to worship other gods, they would never enter into His rest. Thankfully, in this dispensation of grace, the Lord declared peace and good will to all.

Let's examine how the Lord has fit this passage of scripture into the "mystery" that was held in the bosom of the Father from the beginning of the world. Please note that the opening -- My Servant -- in this context means My Chosen One.

"Behold My servant, whom I uphold; Mine elect, [in whom] My soul delighteth; I have put My Spirit upon Him: He shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause His voice to be heard in the street. A bruised reed shall He not break, and the smoking flax shall He not quench: He shall bring forth judgment unto truth." (Isaiah 42:1-3)

In Isaiah, the Lord is speaking about the things of the future. When we read the same passage of scripture in Matthew 12:18, it has already or is in the process of being fulfilled. Herein, the Pharisees held a council against Jesus and how them might destroy Him. Jesus withdraws Himself, charging the great multitudes who followed and were healed not to make Him known. (Matthew 12:14-16)

"Behold, My Servant, whom I have chosen; My beloved, in whom My soul is well pleased: I will put My Spirit upon Him, and He shall shew judgment to the Gentiles. He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear His voice in the streets. A bruised reed shall He not break and smoking flax shall He not quench, till He send forth judgment unto victory. And in His Name shall the Gentiles trust." (Matthew 12:18-21)

This happened when Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist. The heavens were opened unto Him and John saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon Him, and lo, a voice from heaven, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." (Matthew 3:16-17; Mark 1:11; Luke 3:22; Luke 4:18-19)

"For He whom God hath sent speaks the words of God; for God gives not the Spirit by measure unto Him." (John 3:34)

Because of the glory of His grace, "wherein He hath made us accepted in the beloved, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace, wherein He hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; having made known unto us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure, which He hath purposed in Himself, that in the dispensation of the fullness of times, He might gather together in one all things in Christ ... in whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of Him who works all things after the counsel of His own will." (Ephesians 1: 6-11)

"And the Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon Him; the Spirit of wisdom and understanding the Spirit of counsel and might; the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord." (Isaiah 11:2)

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then said I, "Here am I; send Me." (Isaiah 6:8)

The Lord Himself coming forth as a mighty man. (Isaiah 42:13) The Word made flesh, and dwelt among us. "He was in the world and the world was made by Him and the world knew Him not. He came unto His own and His own received Him not." (John 1:10-11)

God Himself took on the form of a servant and was made in the likeness of men.

"But made Himself of no reputation and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men, and being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore, God hath also highly exalted Him, and given Him a Name which is above every Name -- that at the Name of Jesus ..." (Philippians 2:7-10)

"Thou art My Son. Today, have I begotten Thee." As He saith also in another place, "Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec." who in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard in that He feared -- though He were a Son, yet learned He obedience by the things which He suffered; and being made perfect, He became the Author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey Him. Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec -- of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing." (Hebrews 5:1-11)

The principles of the doctrine of Christ, wherein God is One, and He became our Saviour. (Titus 3:4-7) The Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour. (Isaiah 43:3) I m the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no God. (Isaiah 44:6; 48:12)

"I have made the earth, and created man upon it; I, even My hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded." (Isaiah 45:12)

"I am the Lord and there is none else. There is no God beside Me. I girded thee, though thou hast not known Me." (Isaiah 45:5)

"I, even I, am He that blotteth out thy transgressions for Mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins." (Isaiah 43:25)

The Lord thy God then -- He is God. (Deuteronomy 7:9)

Continuing in Isaiah 42:

"He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till He have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for His law. Thus saith God the LORD, He that created the heavens, and stretched them out; He that spread forth the earth, and that which comes out of it; He that gives breath unto the people upon it, and Spirit to them that walk therein. I the LORD have called Thee in righteousness, and will hold Thine hand, and will keep Thee, and give Thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles. To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, [and] them that sit in darkness out of the prison house." (Isaiah 42:4-7)

"The burden of the Word of the Lord, for Israel," saith the Lord," which stretches forth the heaven and lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him ..." (Zechariah 12:1)

"God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that He is Lord of heaven and earth, dwells not in temples made with hands. Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though He needed any thing, seeing he gives to all life, and breath, and all things, and hath made of one blood of all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed; and the bounds of their habitation, that they should seek the Lord ..." (Acts 17:24-30)

"Because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 10:45)

Indeed, Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, saying that it was necessary for the Word of God to be first spoken to the Jews. But when the Jews judged themselves to be unworthy of everlasting life, lo, they turned to the Gentiles. (Acts 13:44-46)

"For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, "I have set Thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that Thou should be for salvation unto the ends of the earth." (Acts 13:47; Isaiah 42:6; Isaiah 49:6)

"That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through [in] Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith." (Galatians 3:14; Isaiah 32:15)

"For there was a tabernacle made; the first wherein was the candlestick ... and after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all." (Hebrews 9:2)

Simeon, a just and devout man from Jerusalem, who waited for the consolation of Israel knew this, Simeon had a revelation from the Holy Ghost that he should not see death before the Lord's Christ. And he came by the Spirit into the temple, and when the parents brought in the child Jesus to do for Him after the custom of the law, then did Simeon take Jesus in His arms. He said, "Lord, now let thou Thy servant depart in peace, according to Thy Word, for mine eyes have seen Thy salvation, which Thou hast prepared before the face of all people. A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of Thy people Israel." (Luke 2:25-32)

Even Jesus read from the prophet Isaiah. "The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He hath anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He hath sent Me to heal the broken hearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord." (Luke 4:18-19; Isaiah 49:8-9; Isaiah 61:1-2 Daniel 9:24)

But the Lord speaking through the prophet Isaiah afore does not stop there.

"I [am] the LORD: that [is] My Name: and My glory will I not give to another, neither My praise to graven images. Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them. Sing unto the LORD a new song, and His praise from the end of the earth, ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof. Let the wilderness and the cities thereof lift up [their voice], the villages [that] Kedar doth inhabit: let the inhabitants of the Rock sing, let them shout from the top of the mountains.

Let them give glory unto the LORD, and declare His praise in the islands.The LORD shall go forth as a mighty man, He shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: He shall cry, yea, roar; He shall prevail against his enemies. I have long time holden my peace; I have been still, [and] refrained myself: [now] will I cry like a travailing woman; I will destroy and devour at once.

I will make waste mountains and hills, and dry up all their herbs; and I will make the rivers islands, and I will dry up the pools. And I will bring the blind by a way [that] they knew not; I will lead them in paths [that] they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

They shall be turned back, they shall be greatly ashamed, that trust in graven images, that say to the molten images, "Ye [are] our gods." Hear, ye deaf; and look, ye blind, that ye may see." (Isaiah 42:8-18)

As we are aware from the scriptures in their entirety, the Name of the Lord is very important. "For My Name's sake will I defer Mine anger, and for My praise will I refrain for thee, that I cut thee not off. Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction, for Mine own sake, [even] for Mine own sake will I do it; for how should My Name be polluted? and I will not give My glory unto another. Hearken unto Me, O Jacob and Israel, My called; I am He. I am the first. I also am the last ..." (Isaiah 48:9-12)

"O sing unto the Lord a new song; for He hath done marvelous things. His right hand and His holy arm hath gotten Him the victory. The Lord hath made known His salvation. His righteousness hath He openly showed in the sight of the heathen. He hath remembered His mercy, and His truth toward the house of Israel; all the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God." (Psalm 98:1; Psalm 106:45)

Jesus said, "For judgment, I am come into this world, that they which see not might see, and that they which see might be made blind." (John 9:39) Had the Pharisees admitted to their blindness, they would have no sin, "but now ye say, We see; therefore, your sin remains." (John 9:41)

This is a perfect lead in for Isaiah 42:19, and onward:

"Who [is] blind, but My servant? or deaf, as My messenger [that] I sent? who [is] blind as He [that is] perfect, and blind as the LORD’S servant? Seeing many things, but Thou observe not; opening the ears, but He hears not. The LORD is well pleased for His righteousness’ sake; He will magnify the law, and make honourable.

But this is a people robbed and spoiled; [they are] all of them snared in holes, and they are hid in prison houses: they are for a prey, and none delivereth; for a spoil, and none saith, "Restore." Who among you will give ear to this? [Who] will hearken and hear for the time to come? Who gave Jacob for a spoil, and Israel to the robbers? Did not the LORD, He against whom we have sinned? For they would not walk in His ways, neither were they obedient unto His law.

Therefore He hath poured upon Him the fury of His anger, and the strength of battle: and it hath set Him on fire round about, yet He knew not; and it burned Him, yet He laid [it] not to heart." (Isaiah 42:1-25)

The pride of Israel testifies to His face, and they do not return to the Lord their God, nor seek him for all this. (Hosea 7:9)

Israel hath forgotten his Maker. (Hosea 8:14) Even though the Lord spread out His hands all the day unto a rebellious people. (Isaiah 65:1-9) "Wherefore the Lord said, "Forasmuch as this people draw near Me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour Me, but have removed their heart far from Me, and their fear toward Me is taught by the precept of men." (Isaiah 29:13; Matthew 15:8-9; Mark 7:6-7; Colossians 2:22)

In this context, we can be assured that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things -- and forget the riches of His goodness and forbearance, and long suffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads thee to repentance. (Romans 2:1-5)

This is why Jesus is the Light to Gentiles. (Luke 2:32; John 3:34; Matthew 12:18; Luke 4:18) For He alone shall save His people from their sins. (Matthew 1:21-23)

Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment