Monday, October 3, 2016

Jesus Said -- Whatsoever Ye Ask The Father In My Name, He Will Give It To You. - Part 1495

Jesus said, "I am the vine, ye are the branches. He that abides in Me and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit; for without Me, ye can do nothing." (John 15:5)

Indeed, if ye abide in Jesus and His words abide in you, the scriptures promise that "you shall ask what you will and it shall be done unto you." Why? Because as Jesus indicated, "herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit. So shall ye be My disciples. As the Father hath loved Me, so have I loved you. Continue ye in My love." (John 15:7)

Imagine, Jesus spoke these truths so that we could experience His joy, in order "that our joy might be full." (John 15:11) He said, "Your heart shall rejoice and this joy, no man taketh from you." (John 16:22)

In John 15:16, we begin to learn the extent of our Lord God and Saviour's love wherein we were loved even before being formed in our mother's wombs. Herein, the scriptures state, "Ye have not chosen Me but I have chosen you ... and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain. That whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in My name, He may give it to you."

Jesus knew the consequences of taking up His cross and becoming a disciple. He knew that the world would hate us because the world had already hated Jesus first -- even before it hated us. Still, Jesus encouraged us to "Remember the Word." In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God .. and the Word became flesh. (John 1:1-14)

Further, Jesus taught, "Thy servant is not greater than his Lord. If they have persecuted Me, they will also persecute you." (John 15:19-20) But then Jesus said, "But all these things will they do unto you for My name's sake because they know not Him that sent Me. If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin, but now they have no cloak for their sin ... If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin; but now have they both seen and hated both Me and My Father." (John 15:25)

As in many of Jesus' teachings, this came to pass in order that the Word in the old covenant might be fulfilled. The Word that is written in their law. That is, the scriptures that state, "They hated Me without a cause." (John 15:25, Psalm 69:4)

But the real message here is that we don't need to fret. Jesus assured believers that "when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth which proceeds from the Father, He shall testify of Me. And ye also shall bear witness because ye have been with Me from the beginning." (John 15:21-27)

So if they put you out of the synagogues, Jesus said not to be offended. He also said not to let sorrow fill our hearts. Because Jesus knew that when He went "My way to Him that sent Me" the Comforter would come. Jesus knew that when "the Spirit of truth is come, He will guide you into all truth for He shall not speak of Himself but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak and He will show you things to come."  (John 16:1-14)

In fact, Jesus told His disciples that "it is expedient for you that I go away; for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you. But if I depart, I will send Him unto you. And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgement."

Of sin, Jesus said, because they believe not on Me.

Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see Me no more.

Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Judged when Jesus shed His precious blood on the cross so that we could be forgiven once and for all. The Comforter, Jesus said, "shall glorify Me for He shall receive of Mine and shall show it unto you." Yes, the Comforter shall testify of Jesus. "Verily, verily I say unto you. Whatsoever ye ask the Father in My name, He will give it to you." In the name of Jesus. The King of kings and Lord of lords. Indeed, Jesus is the name manifested unto the men "which Thou gavest Me out of the world." The only name whereby salvation could ever be ours.

Jesus then said, "And now I am no more in the world, and I come to thee, Holy Father, keep through Thine own name those whom Thou hast given Me that they may be one, as we are. While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Thy name, those that Thou gavest Me. I have kept and none of them is lost ..."

Therefore, be glad and rejoice. Be sanctified through the scriptural truths that Jesus taught. Be comforted in His love. His immeasurable grace. Know too that the glory which the Father extended to the Sonship while on earth -- God in the flesh in a Son's body --- has been given to you and I so that we may be one even as Jesus and the Father are one. (John 17:22)

Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment