Thursday, December 24, 2015

Jesus Will Never Abandon You - Part 1271

Thomas saith unto [Jesus], "Lord, we know not whither Thou goest; and how can we know the way?" Jesus saith unto him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes unto the Father, but by Me. If ye had known Me, ye should have known My Father also, and from henceforth ye know Him and have seen Him." (John 14:5-7)

Note that Jesus' statements here confused Philip, who then said unto Jesus, "Lord, shew us the father and it suffices us." What did Jesus say? "Have I been so long time with you and yet hast thou not known Me, Philip? [he] that hath seen Me hath seen the Father, and how say thou then, "Shew us the Father?" Believe thou not that I am in the Father and the Father in Me? And the words that I speak unto you, I speak not of Myself, but the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the very works sake. 

Verily, verily, I say unto you. He that believes on Me the works that I do shall he do also, and greater works than these shall he do, because I go unto My Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in My name, that will I do that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in My name, I will do it. If ye love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you forever." (John 14:8-16)

And who is the Comforter? "The Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive because it sees Him not, neither knows Him but ye know Him -- for He dwells with you and shall be in you. I shall not leave you comfortless. I will come to you." (John 14:17-18)

The Holy Ghost will come and fill us with His abundance of joy, as occurred on the day of Pentecost, when the first 3,000 to believe repented and were water baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. (Acts 2:36-47) Even though, as Jesus said, the disciples would only see Jesus for a little while, and then no more, Jesus said He would live within us -- after He was taken up. (Acts 1:2) 

But you may be wondering how that can happen, which is why Jesus' response here is so instructive. Jesus said, "At that day, ye shall know that I am in My Father and ye in Me and I in you. He that hath My commandments and keeps them, he it is that loves Me, and he that loves Me shall be loved of My Father, and I will love him, and will manifest Myself to him." (John 14:20-21) 

The Spirit of our Lord God and Saviour dwelling within. The same Holy Ghost that overshadowed Mary to bring forth the holy thing -- Jesus -- will dwell within us when we take hold of His truth. When we seek Him with all our heart, soul, mind and strength.

Note that there are those in the religious culture that would suggest that Jesus is not God Almighty, but this is because these do not have the truth in them. Jesus was God manifest in the flesh. (I Timothy 3:16) The same Word that was in the beginning with God WAS GOD and He Himself who knew no sin, came unto His own and His own received Him not. (John 1:1-18) 

And He -- Jesus who is both Lord and Christ -- never fails. (Acts 2:36) 

This is why we are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people -- so that we should show forth the praises of Him who hath called us out of darkness into his marvelous light, which in time past were not a people but are now the people of God, which had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy. (I Peter 2:9-10)

"Whosoever keeps His Word, in him verily is the love of God perfected, hereby know that we are in Him." (I John 2:5)

We have so much to be very thankful for.  And as if salvation and eternal life were not enough, Jesus also said, "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you, and if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know." (John 14:1-4)

Ponder on these beloved truths of the good news gospel of Jesus Christ on this day. Seek understanding from His Word. Get to know our Lord God and Saviour Jesus the Christ better, and know, that Jesus never fails. He never abandons us, but carries us in our time of struggles and times of need. And He is most faithful, because He already knows our victory in Jesus. 

He paid the price for our sin on the cross with His precious blood shed for you and I. The stripes so that we might be healed from our earthly sickness and disease. And this same Jesus, who loved us even before the world was formed, is coming back to receive those who have believed on His name in this current dispensation of grace.

"And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold two men stood by them in white apparel, which also said, "Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? This same JESUS, which is taken up from you into heaven shall so come in like manner as ye have seen Him go into heaven." (Acts 1:10-11)

This same Jesus -- the everlasting Father -- who created the world desired our hearts enough to become as one of us. Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment