Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Jesus Said, "If Ye Love Me, Keep My Commandments" - Part 1214

Jesus said, "If ye abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you." (John 15:7)

Perhaps, it is time to rightly call modern day religion a "cult" rather than referring to the place(s) whereby saints assemble as church in the context of I Corinthians 12-14. I recognize that this is walking a very fine line, but nevertheless, someone needs to state the obvious. That is, if Jesus Christ is not the Head of the body of Christ in your place of worship, if Jesus Christ is not the chief cornerstone that is worthy to be praised, if pressing into Jesus Christ is not the sole motivation in our life and our reason for living, and if our relationship with the Lord is reduced to just giving money (under the old covenant teaching of tithing) and going to church for a couple of hours on Sunday, then we have seriously missed the boat.

Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me." (John 14:6)

Jesus also said, " If ye love Me, keep My commandments." (John 14:15)

This is why Jesus said that "no man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." (Matthew 6:24-34)

In these last days, Jesus invites us to come out from among them and be ye separate from those that desire to either "add to" or "take away" from the gospel of Jesus Christ. The same good news gospel of Jesus Christ that was intended to set us free, so that we could stand fast in His liberty. (Galatians 5:1)

To that end, Jesus shares a perfect example with His disciples. Herein, Jesus says, "If ye love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever; even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Yet a little while, and the world seeth Me no more; but ye see Me: because I live, ye shall live also. At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in Me, and I in you. He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth Me: and he that loveth Me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest Myself to him.

Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, "Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest Thyself unto us, and not unto the world?"

Jesus answered and said unto him, "If a man love Me, he will keep My words: and My Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth Me not keepeth not My sayings: and the Word which ye hear is not Mine, but the Father's which sent me. These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world gives, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Ye have heard how I said unto you, "I go away, and come again unto you." If ye loved Me, ye would rejoice, because I said, "I go unto the Father: for My Father is greater than I." And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.

Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in Me. But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave Me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence." (John 14:15-31)

We need to fully abide in Jesus, and let organized man-made (institutionalized) religion be a side-kick to our personal relationship with the King of kings and Lord of lords. We need to become fully clothed in the righteousness of Jesus, shedding all garments (and aprons) that blind us to His truth. We need to accept that we are all sinners saved by grace, and that we are nothing in and of ourselves. And we need to study His Word so that we are not deceived by the worldly dogmas that are intent on stealing our souls.

If you don't know Jesus as your personal Saviour, repent and ask Jesus to become Lord in your life today. Be baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ for the remission of sin, and receive His gift of the Holy Ghost living within. (Acts 2:37-42) Desire spiritual gifts that will strengthen you and help you become a flow through for Him. In all things, seek His wisdom and instruction for your life, doing all things -- in both word and deed -- in the precious name of Jesus.

Why? Because Jesus said if you abide in Him, "Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." 

Let him who hath ears to hear, hear. Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment