Tuesday, July 1, 2014

But Watch Thou In All Things That You Might Know His Truth - Part 933

"I charge [thee] therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom; preach the Word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine ... for the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry." (II Timothy 4:1-5)

Therefore, the question emerges -- "Who is the Word" -- that we are to teach and preach to all nations? Who is the Word that we are to go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature? (Mark 16:15-18)

John offers some insight in John 1:1-18:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made. In Him was life; and the life was the light of men.

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. There was a man sent from God, whose name [was] John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. He was not that Light, but [was sent] to bear witness of that Light. [That] was the true Light, which lights every man that comes into the world.

He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not. He came unto His own, and His own received Him not. But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on His name -- which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, "This was He of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for He was before me. And of His fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. For the law was given by Moses, [but] grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. No man hath seen God at any time -- the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father -- He hath declared." (John 1:1-18)

We see the same Jesus as the Word in the book of Revelation (which is essentially the revelation of who Jesus the Christ is). Therein, we also learn that the seven churches in these latter days are condemned for not adhering "His name" as evidenced within the doctrines delivered by the apostles.

Still, God is not the author of confusion. The scriptures align perfectly if we are willing to seek Jesus and His righteousness.

From Revelation:

Jesus identifies Himself, saying, "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." (Revelation 1:8) Further, John who is recording what he is seeing, states: "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, saying: "I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last." (Revelation 1:11) And again, "And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last; I am He that lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen, and have the keys of hell and death." (Revelation 1:17-18)

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them --- their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." (Revelation 21:3-4)

And He that sat upon the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And He said unto me, "Write for these words are true and faithful." And He said unto me, "It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be His God, and he shall be my son." (Revelation 21:3-7)

And just in case we still don't understand, our Lord God and Saviour reiterated this same message once again in the last chapter of Revelation. In chapter 22:7, Jesus states: "Behold, I come quickly. Blessed is he that keeps the sayings of the prophecy of this book." (Revelation 22:7)

And in verse 12-13 and 16, "And behold, I come quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give every man according as His work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last ... I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."

In the beginning, God. (Genesis 1:1) And in these last days called Today (the dispensation of grace) His precious name is Jesus. It was God Himself who became our Lord and Saviour on the cross, when He shed His precious blood so that we might know life everlasting.

Worship Him today in thanksgiving, rejoicing for evermore. Stand in the offering plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment