Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Alpha and Omega ... the Almighty - Part 754

Who is coming? The last book of the New Testament -- the Book of Revelation --makes the "who" in the Second Coming of our Lord God and Saviour abundantly clear. At no point do these scriptures suggest that we will see God in three persons at His coming -- neither will there be a triune God or trinity -- as some traditional religions refer to the Godhead. 

From the beginning to the end, the Word -- in both the old and the new testaments -- testify of Jesus. In the old, He was prophesied throughout. In the new covenant, our heavenly Father revealed in the face of Jesus, sharing His abundant love for us.

It is He that cometh. "Behold He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him --- even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen." (Revelation 1:7)

Why? Because as Hebrews 7:11 explain, "If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood -- and indeed the law given to the people that established that priesthood -- why was there still need for another priest to come -- one in the Order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron?"

The oldest manuscript reportedly states, "He is testified of, that Thou art."

Simple and straightforward. Thy Kingdom Come -- Thy Will Be Done. Singular. One God who cared enough about His people to willingly become sin for us -- He who knew no sin. The only mediator between God and man -- laid down His humanity as a sacrifice for you and I. In so doing, He became the sacrifice that paid the price once and for all. Jesus the Christ.

John wrote, "Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus." (Revelation 22:20)

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending," saith the Lord, "which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." (Revelation 1:8)

"Thus saith the Lord, the King of Israel, and His redeemer the Lord of hosts: I am the first and I am the last, and beside me there is no God." (Isaiah 44:6)


"And Israel My called -- I am He, I am the First. I am also the Last." (Isaiah 48:12)

"I am He that lives, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death." (Revelation 1:18) 

"These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive" (Revelation 2:8) 

"Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come." (Revelation 4:8) 

"And, behold, I come quickly; and My reward is with Me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." (Revelation 22:12-13)

Let him that has ears to hear, hear. Stand in the offering plate.



No comments:

Post a Comment